PDA

View Full Version : home game small stakes no limit sit and go style tourney

kake123
01-07-2004, 09:53 PM
10 player $20 buy in , same structure as online start with 1000 chips, including blinds
I am one of the best players in the game( not cocky, I'm not good, just most people have never played before)--two other players are good--one has just taken a brutal all in beat and has 360 left
Blinds are still very low, 20-40, I am chip leader with 1450, am in early pos with Ad Kd when the guy with 360 left ( again who has been solid) goes all in, As I'm thinking, I can't fold this hand, ( but there are at least two very weak players behind me who are likely to call with anything reasonable) so I have to move all in and make all those behind me pay up large to stay in, the person right before me folds but shows me AJo
Now what do you do-- I know that there are at least two weak players behind me likely to call with a large number of hands, that the all in player is reasonably good ( therefore likely to have either a medium to strong A or a pair) and at least two Aces are out
I folded, for the following reasons
1) I know two aces are out so the chances that the all in has a pair have gone way up
2) the two people behind me each have about 800 chips and an call from one of them greatly reduces my EV
3) I am in good chip shape and don't need to gamble since
if I play I think I must move all in, it just is not worth it

in actuality , I folded, only one of the loose players behind me called with KsJs and the all better took it down with A6o

what do you think of my folding here--If I hadn't known that one A is gone-- I think my clear play is to go all in for all my chips, but how much doesn knowing about this one A change things

Please don't comment on that fact that the guy showed me his hand--we explained why it was so wrong, and since I folded no one cared that we continued to play the hand