PDA

View Full Version : Should i have called the reraise

Noodles
01-07-2004, 09:31 PM
playing pokerroom 1/2$. Table is a bit aggressive,good bit of pre flop raising going on
I am in the BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Folded around to the button who 2 bets,SB 3 bets, I feel the button is trying to steal and the SB knows this and so 3 bets,I cold call the button calls.
These 2 were a bit aggressive in previous rounds.
Cant remember the rest but the SB had AK afterall.
Should i have folded?

bunky9590
01-07-2004, 09:45 PM
I fold that everytime in that spot.

brian0729
01-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Im disagreeing w/ Bunk on this one. If you are confident in your reads then I think a call is in order. I may even cap if the button and sb have tried this already on me. I think this hand is two good to throw away against two possible stealers.

bunky9590
01-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Brian,

You know me and I'm as aggressive as the next guy. (well, maybe more than the next guy) but The times that this hand is going to pan out for me I don't think its worth it.

Now, If SB folds, I three bet it. With the small blind in the hand three betting turns this froma raise for me into a fold. Make any sense? SB still has to have a reasonable hand to three bet , especially out of position. (Unless they are totally nuts), then all bets are off.

Remember, sometimes even bad players get good cards.

brian0729
01-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey Bunk,

I do know your style some and I know its aggressive to the good side. I think your point about the SB needing a good hand to three bet with is a good one.

However some better players will three bet from the SB here to get the BB out if they suspect a steal attempt from the button and have a decent hand. Noodles seem to think this was the case here.

I would be thinking to myself Im not going to let you two play reindeer games w/me with what I hold. (Cant shake that stupid holiday /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

If the SB is a rock this is an easy fold.

bunky9590
01-07-2004, 10:26 PM
I agree with what you said though as well if they are being maniacal. If the SB is even a decent player, I muck.

I don't want to call and get in a whipsaw position against these two with a marginal hand.

I don't want to call two cold for the chance at a flush draw or A or T high flop. (I would prefer T high though)

Just picking a better spot to go at these two when I have the clear edge. I will have position on both of these two 90% of the time. I would use THAT to my full advantage to make them pay DEARLY on my legit hands.

brian0729
01-07-2004, 10:45 PM
I guess this is the classic agree to disagree.

I dont think this hand is marginal against two random hands. I also dont mind being the middle. On the flop, if the SB bets I can raise and pressure the button. If the SB checks I can bet and hopefully the button raises to put pressure on the SB.

Im sure we have totally answered Noodles question. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bunky9590
01-07-2004, 10:51 PM
I can't really say for sure they are random hands. It's gonna be awful expensive to find out though isn't it?

Maybe it's just the years of getting into those situations when I had really no business being in there.

It's just a spot where I would wait for when I have position on BOTH of them. (which I will have 8 out of 10 hands at that table.) remember Its all one big session, right?

If I enter that pot, I gotta come in screaming. If you put a gun to my head and made me play this hand, I cold call the three and raise the SB auto bet on the flop no matter what hits.

brian0729
01-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Good stuff Bunk, Maybe some of the big dogs will chime in with there wisdom.

P.S.- Thanks to Mike, I found cheap travel and cheap lodging. I will be making some frequent trips to AC this year. I will let you know.

bunky9590
01-07-2004, 11:00 PM
LOL. Maybe like a Pekinese or something, just enough to snap at your ankles and piss people off. LOL Just kidding buddy.

Be sure to let me know when you come to AC, we can all hook up again.

Noodles
01-08-2004, 09:35 AM
<i>However some better players will three bet from the SB here to get the BB out if they suspect a steal attempt from the button and have a decent hand. Noodles seem to think this was the case here.<i>

Yep a lot of times when it is folded around to the button and he raises,i will 3 bet with something decent to knock out the BB and show the button that i wont be pushed around.
That is what i was thinking here,turned out the SB did have a good hand though /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Interesting that there are 2 valid arguments for both sides.
Would like to hear a few more opinions on this one

Rico Suave
01-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey Noodles:

Your reads may be right on, but I still muck this. ATs is a nice hand, but easily dominated. Now I think your reads here are reasonable--button could be on a steal and the sb may realize this and may just be playing back. So you can extend the range of hands that both of them are raising with, but just because it is possible that both have weak holdings, it does not mean that it is so. I think that there is too great a chance that one of them actually has a hand here, and you AT could cost you a bunch of $. I think I would pick a better spot to defend. If sb folded, I would at probably 3-bet, or at least call, but since he decided to forcefully get involved, I would fold.

Anyway, I suck at blind play and shorthanded play, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

--Rico