PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Seating

Louie Landale
01-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Holdem. I'm in chair 8 (my favorite), there are two tight predictable players right behind me in 9 and 10. They are entrenched, like their seats, and are unlikely to take any seat changes. Behind them are two very loose predictable players in chairs 1 and 2. Chairs 4-7 have reasonably loose bad players (this is a great game). Chair 3 is empty.

Should I move to chair 3 and put the very loose players on my right?

- Louie

Results. I think I have a pretty good seat with the very tight players behind me (I get the button often). Putting the very loose right in front of me would be good. However, the tight players aren't going anywhere but the loose players are. In this case, I moved to chair 3 and the loose player in seat 1 moved to my open seat in chair 8. Now I've got the several somewhat loose players behind me and only one in front. I hate it when that happens.

I should have chosen good stability rather than slightly better but unstable.

Wake up CALL
01-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Louie,

I laughed when I read your post. It never fails that when Iam in Vegas the locals play musical chairs and after the music stops they all have this puzzled look on their face wondering if they have accomplished anything at all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

David Steele
01-08-2004, 12:55 AM
I think the problem is many like the end seats so you have to
expect someone to move there. Otherwise the seat 3 move is definitely worthwhile.

D.

Mason Malmuth
01-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Hi Louie:

I think the answer to this is exactly how terrible are the loose players. Occasionally, someone will sit down who plays so bad that they must lose all their chips as long as they don't quit soon. When that's the case, that person should become the main factor in your decision making.

best wishes,
Mason

Al Schoonmaker
01-08-2004, 04:22 PM
You had a nearly ideal seat. The four people behind you were predictable. You also had bad players in front of you.
Why change?
Regards,
Al

andyfox
01-09-2004, 01:54 PM
One point you bring up, which is a good one, is that the weaker players do tend to change seats often, whereas the tighter types tend to stay put. This is especially true when, for example, a Louie Landale, who probably has a big stack of chips, moves; a weak player will see Mr. Landale's former seat as a lucky one and be tempted to move there, as happened in this case.

I also think Mason brings up a good point. Generally, I want a seat where I can have the tight, predictable players on my left. I will let the weaker players then be where they may. But if there is indeed a guy who's going to be throwing a party, I want to be in the most advantageious position, usually directly to his left, to take maximum advantage irrespective of the other players' relative postions to me.

Louie Landale
01-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I think the two weak-tight-entrenched players to my left, especially when I had a covetted end chair, overshadowed all other considerations.

Game and seat selection used to be the best part of my game; I guess I need to brush up.

- Louie