PDA

View Full Version : Missed a bet here?

toby
01-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I promise I won't post any more messages for at least an hour..i've been flooding the forum during this last session. Anyway:

Hero in C/O with 99. One limper in LP, CO+1 is very loose and sometimes aggressive sometimes not. (The same fellow who I said called 84o and 75o UTG and UTG+1) Anyway he limps, Hero raises, button reraises, folded around to CO+1 who coldcalls 2, Hero caps, Button and CO+1 call.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif . Checked to me, Hero checks intending to raise. (I completely missed the flush draw here BTW)

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. CO+1 checks, Hero bets. Both call. (I did notice this flush draw)

River is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif! CO+1 bets, he must have made a flush, Hero raise, button calls 2 cold and CO+1 calls. of course, MHIG for 15.5 BB.

Should I have simply bet out on the flop instead of hoping for the button to bet so I could raise?
Also, this hand turned out well but was it overaggressive to cap my 99 preflop?

ThrillFactor
01-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Preflop I don't like the cap - you're going to be behind a lot of hands on the flop.

Bet the flop - you want him to raise so that you can 3 bet.

Rest of the hand is routine. Nice pot.

Lost Wages
01-07-2004, 06:24 PM
A bit unusual to cap preflop but it's not terrible, personally I wouldn't do it.

Going for a checkraise after you cap is not a good idea.

Lost Wages

Hallett
01-07-2004, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't have capped pre-flop, and would have bet out on the flop. Your hand is very well hidden, and hopefully you will get raised, where you can 3-bet. Everything else is great.

Nice hand!

Tosh
01-07-2004, 06:48 PM
The preflop cap is a bit unusual but not necessarily a bad idea.

Check raising the flop isn't a good plan here. Just bet out.