PDA

View Full Version : Dream Flop and Hand w/2's LOL

CardCuda
01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Go ahead and flame me for this (fully expected), I don't know why I even played 'em, but they worked!

Paradise $1-2 tight game 30% seeing flop. MP1 is passive, CO sees too many hands LAG.

Been at the table a little over an hour and I'm +20BB's.

Hero has 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB.

Folded to MP1 who raises, Folded to CO who calls, Folded to hero - Cold call. (Bad I know).

3 see the flop -

A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero Checks, MP1 Bets, CO raises, Hero 3 bets, MP1 Calls, CO caps, Hero and MP call.

Turn = 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO bets, Hero Raises, MP1 calls, CO 3 bets, Hero Caps, MP and CO call.

River = 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero Bets, MP1 calls, CO raises, Hero 3 Bets, MP1 calls, CO caps, Hero & MP call.

Results -

MP1 Shows - A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif
CO Shows - K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

MHIG /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was seriously flamed for this at the table, name calling and everything (oops). Just had to post it though /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

thirddan
01-07-2004, 06:39 PM
I don't think your play was bad. I may be wrong also. You are in the big blind facing only one bet, with a small pair, in good position to win a lot of bets if you flop your set. There are already 5.5 small bets in the pot so i think a call is in order based on the implied odds. But if you don't hit set you gotta fold.

Tosh
01-07-2004, 06:40 PM
I don't think its a terrible call. You got 5.5/1 on your call and you're going to get a lot of action when you spike a set. Your call also closes the action, I think I'd make the call too.

slogger
01-07-2004, 06:54 PM
No flaming deserved here. You'd rather have a 1 or 2 more callers pre-flop, so you pre-flop call is a little thin, but not terrible.

After that, it looks like you could do no wrong (i'd have probably coldcalled the flop raise to avoid slowing the other two down, but it turns out your read on the CO (LAG) paid off - gotta love a guy who will jam a flush draw on a paired flop (even more when you've got him drawing dead and he hits on the next card).

I take it the CO was the primary flamer after the hand? If anyone deserves a flaming, it's him for his flop and river play (you 3-bet the flop and cap the turn after his flush comes in and he still can't get his chips in fast enough on the river - what the hell does he put you on? sorry, stupid question...).

Homer
01-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Calling one more in the BB with 22, getting 5:1, should be routine.

-- Homer

jedi
01-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Flamed for what? You had the best hand pre-flop, and got in for half price. You flopped a full house, and someone drew at a flush on a paired board. The only outs anyone had were the other 2 Kings. You were ahead of both of these guys the entire time. Nice hand!

[ QUOTE ]
I was seriously flamed for this at the table, name calling and everything (oops). Just had to post it though /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CardCuda
01-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah it was the CO who did most of the flaming, MP got in on it a little. He couldn't believe I'd play such a hand vs. a raise and especially had trouble with my Check on the flop and turn. I thought I played it well. Learned somethin new today though.... I'm not a big fan of low pairs (2-5's). I think I probably played them here cause I was on a bit of a winning streak. When I first started, I played them religiously, I rarely...if ever play them now, guess I'm a little too tight. Just seems that I used to run into too many over sets (paranoia). I'll have to re-evaluate them. Thanks.

Hallett
01-07-2004, 08:22 PM
I love it when I get flamed for doing the right thing by someone with no understanding of the game. I had a very similar situation, I was BB with 2's, not raised pre-flop. Flop is A-2-X. I bet out, get raised, I re-raise, and it is capped. Turn is A. I bet out, get raised, re-raise, and get capped. River is a rag, and I slow down, worried about a slowplayed AA, and check. He bets, I call. I turn over my house, and he mucks his A-8 offsuit.

And I am the idiot, even though I was ahead pre-flop, and all the rest of the way. Should have used "Shhh, I am stacking your chips".