PDA

View Full Version : USC Football Helmut on E-Bay

Big Al
01-07-2004, 05:19 PM
OK, so I know this isnt the right forum for this, but since this is where I post most and some of you are familiar with me, I thought I'd ask for some advice. I am a USC grad and have seen on E-Bay some team signed USC helmuts in the 300 dollar price range. I am thinking of getting one but am obviously concerned if the signatures are legit. Whats your opinion? Since I am gambling on them being legit, then this qualifies under the "other gambling" topic. Thanks.--Big Al--

Wildbill
01-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Big Al, this is just a personal thing so it is all in your mind. If you think they are fake and it will bother you, just don't buy them. If you won't worry about it too much, take them and show them off. They probably will be very close replicas at worse and none of the people that see the helmets will know any better either.

Wake up CALL
01-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Al this is a perfect time to use the E-Bay rating system. If they have a very high satisfaction rating you are likely getting the real McCoy. People treasure their rating more than money.

Wildbill
01-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Thing is he will never really know unless he happens to find an authentic autograph and gets an expert to compare it, unless it is a really terrible job.

The ratings are highly cherished, but a lot of Ebay cheats proved ways around that. You get a good rating by buying a lot of cheap stuff you don't want, things for under a buck or two and pay for it instantly. After about 10 individual ratings you look like gold and then you can start creating havoc for a month or two before it catches up to you, all for about $10 to start.

Clarkmeister
01-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Al,

As a USC grad, I would recommend emailing their Athletic Dept. They would know if/how many such items were signed. They may not know about that particular helmet, but it should help you make a decision.