PDA

View Full Version : slightly more interesting PLO8 hand

crockpot
01-07-2004, 04:11 PM
one limper to me on the button with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, as a combination of a steal and being bored. SB min-reraises, BB and limper fold, i call. opponent starts the hand with about $17, i have him covered.

flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. he bets pot, i move all in, he calls.

thoughts?

Acesover8s
01-07-2004, 04:17 PM
How much are the blinds? How much is in the pot when he bets it on the flop?

This hand is very player dependent. if you think hes out of line with A2xx, push it. He may have A23xx and he is drawing to a quarter. However, AA3x or A34x are not unlikely here. These are the sort of hands that you normally will break even with over the course of the game, and I think it matters very little whether you raise or fold. I prefer to raise just to promote looseness in the game.

crockpot
01-07-2004, 04:43 PM
this was on a party 25 table. so the blinds were .25/.50, my raise was to $2.25 and the min-reraise was to $4. $9 in the pot minus rake on the flop.

dogsballs
01-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Steal + boredom?

Firstly) How can you get bored playing PLO8?... err...wait, ...ok, I retract that...

Firstly) And finally. That's a good hand to raise a sole limper with, no?! In fact, an excellent hand to go HU with. Big cards double suited with a decent low for an out.

I'd move in on the flop too, easy /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

crockpot
01-08-2004, 10:22 AM
yeah, i figured it wouldn't be a bad isolation hand.

as it resolved, SB had AA39, the turn was a 3, and i took his stack. he had fun criticizing my play for a long time at the table, although his insults were pretty unintelligent. if i were one of those people who believed in educating my opponents i would have told him to reraise more preflop, especially out of position, but so be it...