PDA

View Full Version : QTo from the CO

spamuell
01-07-2004, 03:57 PM
TGC 1/2 8-handed, first hand at table. Hero has posted in the CO and has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Only player I know is the SB who is a very loose-passive fish, limping PF with hands like Q2s and calling down with bottom pair

UTG folds, EP1 folds, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, Hero checks, Button raises, SB calls, BB folds, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Five see the flop for 11SB:

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, EP2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls.

I considered check-raising the flop, but I decided not to as my hand is not invulnerable, the pot is already quite large and I am to the right of the pre-flop raiser so if I bet it’s likely that he will raise, maximizing my chances of winning the pot. Also, there is a chance I don’t have the best hand now, he might have AQ, Q9s (unlikely) or an overpair, and if so I want to find out about this now. Unfortunately my plan failed when he just called.

So 5 of us see the turn for 8BB:

Turn: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, EP2 bets, MP1 folds, Hero raises, button calls 2 cold, SB folds, EP2 calls.

Which takes 3 of us to the river for 14BB:

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP2 bets, Hero calls, button folds.

An ace that completed both flush and straight possibilities falls as well as making it more likely someone has a larger 2 pair, and I get bet into by a player who called my turn raise. I was correct to go for the overcall rather than raising the river here right?

At the time I was a little worried about this hand but typing it out, it seems pretty routine. Any glaring mistakes?

ProfLupin
01-07-2004, 04:06 PM
I don't see any glaring mistakes here. It would have been a mistake to go for the checkraise because of your late position and reletive position to the preflop raiser as you said. If you were in EP or the blinds it might have been worth a try. The rest of the hand looks good, I hope noone completed their flush!

Brian
01-07-2004, 04:07 PM
I would have played it the exact same on every street for the same reasons you gave.

-Brian

Lost Wages
01-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Looks like you played it well. The flop bet is mandatory IMO. When he just calls you are almost sure you are ahead. I play the river the same.

Lost Wages

Aces McGee
01-07-2004, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An ace that completed both flush and straight possibilities falls as well as making it more likely someone has a larger 2 pair, and I get bet into by a player who called my turn raise. I was correct to go for the overcall rather than raising the river here right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But it's important to realize that anyone who had KJ already had a straight on the turn.

McGee

ThrillFactor
01-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Looks pretty routine to me. Well played, win or lose.