PDA

View Full Version : mundane PLO8 hand

crockpot
01-07-2004, 03:50 PM
three limpers including SB, and i check in BB with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. all relevant stacks are between $35 and $40.

flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. checked to limper 1 who bets $1 into the $2 pot, limper 2 and SB call, i call.

turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif. i bet pot, everyone folds.

comments?

dogsballs
01-07-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm not much cop on this game, but fwiw, I'd have been tempted to fold that flop and just wait on the next deal. Pot's giving 5-1, you're 10-1 to boat, and may have to split. I don't like your flush too much; plus a bunch of those outs make lows. But then maybe I think wrong cos you're hand and/or flush draw may be good.

Since you called, better to win a whole smallish pot on the turn than risk letting someone in to split anything.
You might have got someone to draw to their low, but charge 'em the max if they wanna try it, I say.

crockpot
01-07-2004, 04:47 PM
i agree, i hated the way i played this right after i dragged the pot. i guess i figured i would win some additional money if i filled on the turn, and/or i was just looking to gamble some (sad when i'm playing five tables and the pace is still too slow for me).

i think this is a good hand to study, though, because this type of situation comes up a lot in PLO8 and most novices misplay it. i bet at least seven of the players at that table would have called a pot bet and pot raise with this hand.