PDA

View Full Version : QQ -- I like the flop... I think?

rharless
01-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Party Poker 5/10 (10 handed)
rharless has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is EP2

rharless raises, Button calls, BB calls

Flop(7 SB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, rharless raises, Button calls, BB 3-bets, rharless caps, Button calls, BB calls

Turn(9 1/2 BB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, rharless bets, Button calls, BB calls

River(12 1/2 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks...

Your action?

scotnt73
01-07-2004, 01:39 PM
id check call but your probably up against at least 2 pair

J.R.
01-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Bet, especially since the button seems to like to call which buffers somewhat against the times you are behind. I would put BB on a pair and a straight draw (JT?) when he only called the turn with 2 opponents already having put a bet into the pot. I can't see 2 pair, a straight or a set putting you on TT or KK and slowing down on the turn. I think you played it well, and if BB got cute and check-raises oh well but the majority of the time with this betting pattern I think you are ahead in this aggressive game.

Brian
01-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi rharless,

Uhm, bet? This seems like a fairly routine value bet to me. I wouldn't expect you to win every single time you are called, but I think you'll win it enough to make a bet definitely have value. Button appears to be on a draw from his passiveness, and no Q,J,7, or 6 fell, so he didn't get there. Sometimes the BB will have a hand like T9 or 88 and got scared, but he'll also often have JT, QT, 97, etc.

I also really don't want to be put in a position where I check, the Button bets, and the BB calls.

-Brian

rigoletto
01-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Bet and it's not even close. You'll call a riverbet 100% of the time and none of the likely hands that beat you will raise here (I don't consider the straight likely given the action but two pair or a K are very possible). For these reasons you bet because a river checked around will only benefit your opponents most of the time.

rharless
01-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Well, I did bet, and the button folded, and the BB called and beat me with T8. I was actually mildly surprised by his hand.

It's the kind of bet that I would not have made a year ago and am now making today. This was more of a sanity check than anything else, I guess. (That would imply, somehow, that 2+2ers are sane? /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

MikeyObviously
01-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah...i guess i'm not a big fan of the capped flop. If he's 3 betting you i'd figure your beat looking at that board. What hand could he be 3 betting that your hand would beat? I'd still call down as most likely have at least 4 outs, if not a way to make a better two pair. plus he could have AT...