PDA

View Full Version : I 3-bet my T's BTF

TheRake
01-07-2004, 12:07 PM
<font color="blue">Table is going through one of it's tight periods. MP1 is a solid player (20% flops 7% PFR). Seems he has been raising alot the last 10 or 15 hands and has stolen blinds a few times with the raises. Then this hand comes up.</font>

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
TheRake has T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is Button

MP1 raises, TheRake 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 caps, TheRake calls

<font color="blue">I decide if I am going to play this hand I want to try and isolate the PFR'er. The chances are very good if I 3-bet it will fold the blinds, so that's what I do.</font>

Flop(9.5 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP1 bets, TheRake raises, MP1 calls

<font color="blue">I raise to find out how much he likes his hand. When he just calls I think I am ahead. I put him on AJ,AQ,or AK maybe a PP but I doubt it.</font>

Turn(6.75 BB): 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP1 checks, TheRake bets, MP1 calls

<font color="blue">This card couldn't have helped him. I think I am still ahead</font>

River(8.75 BB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif

MP1 checks, TheRake checks

<font color="blue">I check it through fearing AK</font>

Comments?

TheRake

Joe Tall
01-07-2004, 01:02 PM
I think it's my blue eyes that can't read your blue print, it burns.

I'm not sure what your read is but I think I may have played it the same, I played a similar hand yesterday and checked the river through to lose to AK.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ProfLupin
01-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Looks good to me...I like the isolation play on the button with this hand. Make those blinds fold Qx, Kx, Jx.

TheRake
01-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Joe,
Sorry about the blue text. Next time I will just make it bold.

MP1 shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

TheRake

spamuell
01-07-2004, 01:27 PM
I would have bet this river by reflex - I almost always bet the river when someone is calling down all the way at 1/2, as they usually end up calling with mid pair.

Given that he is a solid opponent and raised PF though, the only sane hands that he could have that you beat are 99 and AQ, and he probably isn't going to pay you off with AQ, so you were right to check here.

Well played.