PDA

View Full Version : This is why I hate slow playing

TheRake
01-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
TheRake has J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP3

EP2 limps, TheRake raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, EP2 calls

Flop(10 SB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, EP2 folds, TheRake calls, CO calls, Button calls

<font color="blue">With the nut flush I decide to smooth call here and raise the turn.</font>

Turn(7 BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="blue">Uggggg not the best card, but I am sure I am still ahead here</font>

BB bets, TheRake raises, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls

River(15 BB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

<font color="blue">Are you kidding me???</font>

BB checks, TheRake checks, CO bets, Button calls, BB folds, TheRake folds

<font color="blue">I didn't even call here because anyone with a 6,4,T or pocket pair beats me</font>

<font color="blue">CO shows J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the boat and I cry a little. Anyone think I should not have slow played? Anyone call the river?</font>

TheRake

Lost Wages
01-07-2004, 11:39 AM
I think you played it fine since you have the nut flush. With a baby flush I would raise the flop.

Lost Wages

scotnt73
01-07-2004, 11:54 AM
looks good to me as well.

surfdoc
01-07-2004, 12:33 PM
I tnink you played it fine as well. This is really just a typical party suck out. If the CO player in this hand was willing to call 2 cold PF with that cheese, he probably would have called a raise on the flop as well. (after all, he did have a pair which is in his mind is really a back door boat draw!) At least you were able to lay it down when you knew you were beat. I probably would have paid him off even knowing better.

daveymck
01-07-2004, 12:33 PM
See this play seems to go against everything I have seen reiterated on here time and time again, at these limits dont fancy play you have the nut flush and at this point obviously ahead, but in trying to milk it you left in the people who could still hurt you and lost the pot because of it.

Would the J4 have called who knows (probably he would) but in trying to get in 3 exta bb's you cost yourself the pot.

I realise that in this situation you will win in the majority of times but surely it is better to play the precentage and try and ensure the win, not increase the chances of a suckout.

I'd be interested for people to post the best time to slow play at micro limits, although I can see with quads and a flopped nuts full house etc but when else?

JDErickson
01-07-2004, 01:34 PM
I think you played it fine. Just another reason we all love Party /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Either way you played this I think you would have gotten sucked out on. He called 2 cold BTF why wouldn't he do the same on the flop. Especially after he flopped 3rd pair /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't think you can fear these things. It will affect your play negatively. Play good poker and win in the long run over these idiots.

Jim