PDA

View Full Version : Am I a wuss

me454555
01-07-2004, 03:42 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif and is CO

UTG limps, EP1 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Hero limps, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, EP1 bets, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG folds, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Turn(12 BB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls, EP1 calls, MP1 calls

When MP1 bet into me I was afraid of a set or higher 2 pair
River(16 BB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP1 bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls

I probobly should have raised the river here but I'm a wuss

EP showed down A6s, MHIG

umdpoker
01-07-2004, 04:12 AM
yes. but don't worry too much about it, since i would probably do the same thing. the river is killing me.

ramjam
01-07-2004, 05:13 AM
When MP2 bets out on the turn after just calling the flop, then it's possible to read him as just having had overcards and hitting a single top pair (or be on a silly diamond semi-bluff) which would make raising the turn probably a good move.

On the river, it's a different player, the flop bettor, who leads out. Given the action so far and the way the cards have fallen it would seem very likely to me that he would have at least a better two pair and calling the river looks a lot better than raising. If he just had a pair of aces, he would have been expected to bet the turn. If he just had a Q or worse pair, his play is a bit wacky and can't be relaibly read.