PDA

View Full Version : limpreraise JJ UTG

1800GAMBLER
01-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Pow! It's $1/$2 Prima, i limp ($200) utg JJ one limper then the loose raise makes it $8 BB calls and i make it $24, we go heads up. Loose raiser has me covered.

Flop:

5 7 8 two tone, i hate that flop.

Pot bet or push in?

Say you don't think and just pot bet.

Turn:

Now what?

Meh. Thanks for the comments.

1800GAMBLER
01-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Ok this hand has me thinking.

Preflop, i wasn't planning a limpreraise just to limp in being UTG, once the loose raiser bets i figure i've got a better hand so of course i want money in the pot. The problem is the amount of flops that i don't like and make the rest of the hand hard to play. I should have also limpreraised more.

Preflop the loose raisers hands could be:

Any pocket pair - So i'm 9:3 winning here, AA KK QQ he'll reraise with and i can maybe call for implied odds.

Ak - AT KQ - KJ, again AK AQ have to hit the flop and the others i dominate.

So it looks like it's an easy raise, the main problem being the range of hands he could have is so huge i don't know what flop i want to see.

After he calls his range of hands loses AA KK QQ.

Flop:

Leading: TT 99 66 44 33 22, AK - AT KQ - KJ

Behind: 55 77 88.

Most of the hands i'm leading against i can't afford to give a free card and the majority of the time i'm leading. A pot bet charges overcards enough and 66 enough if i don't give it any implied odds. That assumes i'm folding the turn if a straight card hits with isn't ideal against an aggressive player.

Pushing in will only be called when he has a set and wont give any hands chance to make a mistake. Maybe 66 will call.

I still like the limpreraise against this player, but a Axx flop would also mean betting and folding to a raise, with lets him push me off the hand.

In the hand, i bet the flop, pot sized, he called. Then i checkfolded the turn.

Thoughts?

gavrilo
01-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Hmm, this is a good one.
Well, I think this is player dependent. Will he reraise preflop with a big PP or raise you on the flop? If so on the turn, you are worried about a few select hands, a set, 6x.
This is a tough one, I guess I just push on the turn.
Not many cards I like on the River

gavrilo
01-07-2004, 07:23 AM
After reading your second reply, Is he the type of player to flat call a flop like that with something like just overcards?
Or does his call on the flop actually mean something?

1800GAMBLER
01-07-2004, 07:32 AM
After he called the flop i gave credit for one of these:

TT 99 66; 55 77 88

gavrilo
01-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Tough hand, good fold I hope.
What do you do if the turn is a deuce or Q/K/A?

1800GAMBLER
01-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Push in.

Greg (FossilMan)
01-07-2004, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After he called the flop i gave credit for one of these:

TT 99 66; 55 77 88

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it then that he is not anywhere near as loose postflop as he is preflop? Because if he calls loosely postflop, and also if he's at all aggressive when he senses weakness, then I don't think you can correctly make this laydown.

However, if he plays good postflop, then his flop call does mean something, and it shouldn't be overcards, unless it's specifically AK, and he thinks you might have AQ or worse.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Redhotman
01-07-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pow! It's $1/$2 Prima, i limp ($200) utg JJ one limper then the loose raise makes it $8 BB calls and i make it $24, we go heads up. Loose raiser has me covered.

Flop:

Pot bet or push in?

Turn:

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to figure that he makes you for a big pocket pair. For him to call this bet, he is most liekly on 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, TT, and posibly QQ.

This hand is very much dependant on the player. Also, you seemed to have ruled out a flush draw, why?

I think you should have made a $20 bet on the turn and fold to a reraise.

Redhotman
01-07-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop:

Pot bet or push in?

Turn:

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to figure that he makes you for a big pocket pair. For him to call this bet, he is most liekly on 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, TT, and posibly QQ.

This hand is very much dependant on the player. Also, you seemed to have ruled out a flush draw, why?

I think you should have made a $20 bet on the turn and fold to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we are on the subject of JJ.

Party 200 NL

A decent player open raises MP with $15
Button (unknown) calls.

You are in SB with JJ. What is your play?

MP= $235
Unknown= $175
Me= $455

KingToad
01-07-2004, 05:53 PM
It is hard to say. I had a hand like this last night with JJ. The pot was $20 heads up, he checked the flop of 844, I bet $20, he fired back $40, I folded. In you instance I would probably bet pot again and see where it goes.

1800GAMBLER
01-07-2004, 10:57 PM
That puts me all in.

1800GAMBLER
01-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Hey.

I find loose players hate folding to a raise, no matter what they hold, so preflop after a limpreraise with him opening raising there could be a wide range of hands.

Postflop i find player drop pocket pairs too fast. So for him to call preflop i don't give him much credit but the flop call i think means something.