PDA

View Full Version : First Hand Post - New Guy "Comes Out"

pc in NM
01-07-2004, 12:17 AM
My first hand posted, after months of lurking. I've been playing online since October, and have about 15,000 hands in my PT database. All at $.50/$1 on Paradise and party.

Tonite is my first night at $1/$2 (My own personal OIC, I guess). Been on the table for about three circuits, and it is both tighter and more agressive than I'm used to.

I'm Dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif on the button
UTG and EP1 fold, EP2 (first hand) checks, MP1 & MP2 fold, LP1 & CO call, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds; all call. 11 SB's to the flop

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to hero; Hero bets; SB folds, EP2 calls, LP1 folds, CO calls. 7BB's to the turn

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

EP2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets; EP2 raises (yikes!!!), CO folds, Hero calls - I had no read on this player, and was not sure if he was betting strength, playing two pair, or bluffing (more agressive table than I'm used to, as I said) - was this a stupid call???

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

EP2 bets, Hero makes the "cryin'" call - again, any feedback?
EP2 shows 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the full house 7's full of jacks.

Was this typical calling station behavior after the check-raise, or was I justified in staying in? Was I just underestimating my opponent? Any comments will be appreciated....

Vehn
01-07-2004, 12:20 AM
You only need to win a small amount of the time to make your turn and river calls correct. However you usually don't win. In a big pot like this you have to call down. In a smaller one you can let it go at the small limits.