PDA

View Full Version : Why Sit-n-Go waiting lists are problematic

Fraubump
01-06-2004, 11:43 PM
As you can experience at Paradise, SnG waiting lists slow things down because it calls each person one at a time and they have some time to decide whether to join. So this isn't the way to go.

You could, however, structure a waiting list where, when you join it, you are automatically seated at a table when your turn comes up. This would work well, though they would probably have to have a pop-up check box thing saying something like "I acknowledge that I understand that by signing up for this list my buy-in will happen automatically when my turn comes up, so I am registering for the list at my own risk". Party hasn't shown much in the way of genius at programming their software, but I bet UB could manage it.

aces961
01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I think the real solution is for party to just open up multiple sit and goes at the same time in peak periods. Allowing the software to have 3 open tables for the 30 buyins and under, 2 for 50 and 100, and 1 200 during peak hours would be a quick solution to this and not nearly as hard to implement as waiting lists.

Cyndie
01-07-2004, 01:20 AM
This is a really good argument in favor of allowing more than one party clone account...at least for stud players...for stud it often takes a while to get a sitngo going...so we have to sit and WAIT, not go...and can only open one or two other tables while we wait.