PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity poker is the worst

twistedbeats
01-06-2004, 11:08 PM
i'm drunk, so the real title of this post is "[censored] celebrity poker" but i didn't want there to be a bunch of astericks in the title.

so, this show is the worst. after a few hands, my guess was that tom green was a decent player but i couldn't see what he was folding ever, so i'm not sure. why not show the cards that are dealt to everyone? i can't imagine it taking too much resources

mimi rogers, in addition to being a hardcore milf, was by far the best player at the table, and she lost, for a running total of 4 out of 4 times where the best player did not win

also, when that clown from the west wing who won played, he chewed bubblegum for the entire show. that's awful, who didn't pick that up?

final thoughts, the show with sarah silverman was by far the best, if only because several times she could be seen whispering to the camera "I love you, twistedbeats"

OnlinePlayer
01-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Amazing that Celebrity poker would be bad when other shows that use celebrities (such as Celebrity Jeopardy!) are such high quality, thoughtfully challenging entertainment!!!

MS Sunshine
01-06-2004, 11:24 PM
"final thoughts, the show with sarah silverman was by far the best, if only because several times she could be seen whispering to the camera "I love you, twistedbeats"

What is it you drink and does it have a good taste? I've been looking for something that tastes good and makes me completely delusional. The taste quality is optional.

MS Sunshine

Bill Haywood
01-06-2004, 11:29 PM
I liked watching bad play. We see nothing but experts most of the time. It is useful to watch their thought process.

twistedbeats
01-07-2004, 01:04 AM
i'm drinking jameson and coke, but i'm not sure what you're trying to say.

RollaJ
01-07-2004, 09:23 AM
It should be caled celebrity Bs, as I saw no poker going on at the table. But hey, what ever spawns new fish /images/graemlins/smile.gif

n1stunnor
01-07-2004, 03:56 PM
mimi rogers, in addition to being a hardcore milf

Indeed!

TimTimSalabim
01-08-2004, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mimi rogers, in addition to being a hardcore milf, was by far the best player at the table, and she lost, for a running total of 4 out of 4 times where the best player did not win

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, from what I saw, I thought David Cross outplayed her when they were heads-up, and deserved to win. I don't think Mimi adjusted very well to heads-up play, e.g. not betting her top pair and such. And besides, God wanted David to win!

eMarkM
01-08-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't know, this show gets bashed a lot, but I think people are judging this based on the wrong criteria. I don't watch to see great poker, I never watch it expecting Mark-Seif-staring-down-Hon-Lee drama. I watch it preciesly to see what a train wreck it's going to be.

And on that criteria last week's show was one of the best. I mean that Creed dude's "what's a check?" and his general deer-in-the-headlights bewilderment at what the board was showing had me LMAO. "But I have a pair?" Calling down with Q high, having no idea what he was doing and then genuinely getting pissed off others were "lucky". Oh man, just hysterical.

Gordon: "and Scott is still..."
Pollak: "confused?"
Gordon: "confused, yeah"

And Cross' jokes were ok, Mimi's pair were fantastic, Fisher was equally clueless, but I found her beligerance entertaining. They were flipping each other off and having some good banter. This show is not meant to be taken at all seriously.

jedi
01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
As I learned from someone wiser than I, just betting like a maniac doesn't make you a better player. I do agree that Mimi was probably a little too weak when heads up though. Such a shame, cuz she was clearly the best player there.

I was absolutely astounded that David Cross outlasted ONE person, much less everyone else. But, when I heard Scott the Creed singer's comments, it reminds me of some people at the club who think they're all that and have no idea how badly outplayed they are. I just wanted Phil Gordon to rip into his play, but he gently let him down.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, from what I saw, I thought David Cross outplayed her when they were heads-up, and deserved to win. I don't think Mimi adjusted very well to heads-up play, e.g. not betting her top pair and such. And besides, God wanted David to win!

[/ QUOTE ]

wonderwes
01-08-2004, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And on that criteria last week's show was one of the best. I mean that Creed dude's "what's a check?" and his general deer-in-the-headlights bewilderment at what the board was showing had me LMAO. "But I have a pair?" Calling down with Q high, having no idea what he was doing and then genuinely getting pissed off others were "lucky". Oh man, just hysterical.

Gordon: "and Scott is still..."
Pollak: "confused?"
Gordon: "confused, yeah"

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott Stapp is the biggest poon ever. I am not saying this based alone on his idiot performance on celebrity poker. His music/creed is really quite horrid, the foundation he was playing for was the "With Arms Wide Open Foundation", and he looks/acts like such a tool, he need to be smacked.