PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to get this right

WDC
01-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Been having a huge problem getting checkraised on the river and I know it's slowing me down. Please comment on these two hands. Both are at True 5-10. Table is about average on the tight loose continium and very passive preflop, flop and turn, sometimes comes alive on river. A couple chasers calling down any ace or any pairand I expect folding their missed straight and flush draws onthe river. Their also has been a tenedency at this game to check raise any made draw on the river. I have bet into many flushes and straights. I have also folded to a couple of shown checkraise bluffs and have failed to bet a good amount of winners on the river. Like I said I am confused.

Hand One.

Black kings in the cutoff. 4 limpers to me. I raise button folds both blinds and all the limpers call.

Flop 972 with two clubs. Checked to me, I bet and everyone calls. Turn 3 no club. Checked to me , I bet, 3 callers.

River 2 of clubs. Checked to me. Bet or check?

Hand two:

In the cutoff again. In the cutoff again. Two of the chasers limp. I raise j-9 clubs. Both blinds fold and the chasers call.

Flop 984 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet, both call. Turn 5 completing the rainbow. Checked to me and I bet. Both call. River is K. Checked to me. Check or bet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Tosh
01-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Hand 1 is an easy bet.

Hand 2 less so but I'd still bet.

bunky9590
01-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Hand one: Clear value bet on the river.

Hand two. I may consider checking if they are truly chasers of overcards to the river. 80% bet , 20% check through. Player dependent.

WDC
01-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Yep. I checked them both and they were both good. Gotta get back on the horse and bets those rivers.

J.R.
01-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Hand 2 is a pretty easy bet and fold to a raise, Hand 1 is close. I have a hard time imagining you aren't behind at least 1 in 3 times in Hand 1 and imagining at least 2 calls when you are good, which you would need to break even if you are good one-third of the time, which I would venture is generous unless the 3 turn callers are exceptionally poor players.

rkiray
01-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Nice post. I like the table description.

Hand 1 : I think I'd bet out here. It is kind of scary and passive tables are harder to read than most, but if they are a bunch of calling stations you will get paid off more times than not.

Hand 2 : I'd limp. I'd want as many people in the pot as possible to pay me off if I flop a big draw and then hit it. I think this hand plays better multi way than short handed. But the cutoff is the best position to raise from though.