PDA

View Full Version : Folding at Home

dogsballs
01-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Just wanted to log on and razz the slowcoaches.

dogsballs screaming up the Zoo leaderboard..! Another jump coming in a short while.

The Zoo rising in the rankings steadily, too.

Join up if you haven't - good cause. mIght save your life one day.

J.A.Sucker
01-06-2004, 06:32 PM
It's a great website, and I know a lot of the folks who are involved with it, since I too am a Chemistry Grad Student at Stanford. Support Vijay's cause - he's a very sharp guy! I don't know if computational science will save your life someday, (in my lifetime anyway) but I think there is some amazing insight that can be gained from these simulations, and this inspires good experiments, which are what breakthroughs are based on. Maybe I'll make one myself...

Terry
01-07-2004, 05:43 PM
For those joined a while back, I just noticed that there is a new Version 4 of the software available for download.

Folding@home (http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/download.html)

WalleyeJason
01-07-2004, 06:28 PM
How does one join? And how do I join the Zoo team?

WJ

WalleyeJason
01-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Guess I should have just tried to figure it out instead of asking....

Thanks anyway

WJ

Terry
01-07-2004, 07:41 PM
The Zoo is team 33565 if you haven't found it.
This should answer most of your questions (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=329369&Forum=i net&Words=folding%40home&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Sea rchpage=1&Limit=50&Old=1year&Main=329369&Search=tr ue#Post329369)

Welcome to the team, I hope. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

dogsballs
01-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Aha, good to see it worked. Welcome to the team. I'm a relative newby as well, but it's good to have your hardware being useful in its downtime (apart from it's main function of playing poker on it, of course).

Hopefully others will join up - very easy and it's for a good cause. Forget that SETI nonsense and do something really useful with your redundant computer capacity...tho' I can't wait to hear from the aliens too (I believe Terry has already picked up some structured signals through his tin hat already...).