PDA

View Full Version : Does this person have too much money, or its me?

Girchuck
01-06-2004, 01:40 PM
online $2- $4

Folded to me on the button. I raise with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Both blinds call.

The flop is
J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Now the blinds will pay in full for defending.
Surprisingly, SB bets out, BB calls, They can't both have J, so I raise, both call.
The turn is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)
Checked to me, I bet, SB raises, BB calls two, I re-raise, both call.
The river is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif(8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)
SB bets again, BB calls, I raise, SB calls, and BB folds.
I show my cards and wait for half- the pot to go my way,
But instead, I get it all. I checked the history immediately, as I was very curious what the SB had,
He had 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
WTF? He just gave me a handful of completely unearned BB's out of the largess of his fishy heart?
He then proceeded to play recklessly like this for some time
Then,
He is UTG, and raises,
I saw him raising, five or six off the button with 9Ts before so, when SB called, and I also called in BB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
The flop is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, I bet, UTG raises, SB folds, and I call.
The turn is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif)
Now I can beat AK and KQ, so I bet out again, he raises, I re-raise, and he caps. And I realize too late that I'm still behind AA, and this person could be playing a hand with a 6
I check-call the river rag, and my hand is good, he had TT.
WTF? Why is he giving his money away?

Have you meet a person like this before? Why are they doing it?

Tosh
01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Some people get it into their head you're stealing and will never change their mind.

wontons
01-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Maybe he thinks any two can win...even thou when I go on tilt its prolly better to do at a heads up table. Also maybe he is LOOKING to lose...like most gamblers they dont know when to stop and obv cant get AA every time...so like i said they get impatient and just want to win with any two.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Why are they doing it?

Who cares as long as they keep on doing it?

crenton69
01-06-2004, 02:17 PM
In the second i would say that he is like a lot of players unable to let go of pocket pairs. Many people play like this,i have seen a 4 way pot get called all to the end by some1 with pocket 2s(they didnt win). As for the first hand i would say hes quite fishy,needed a pot or is just an idiot but dont complain keep taking the free money!

CrackerZack
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Yes. And you should lecture him in the chat box about how bad he's playing and thanks for the donated money, everyone loves that.

*yawn*

Magikist
01-06-2004, 03:03 PM
'Tis better to ask the question: What are you doing to get involved with this player in every pot possible?

Bob T.
01-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Why ask why. Have you ever seen one of these guys get on a heater? That is really impressive.

Vee Quiva
01-06-2004, 03:36 PM
I had similar situation last weekend at Mandalay Bay at a 4-8 table. A guy sat down who was obviously drunk and had won a few hundred at Black Jack and had watched the WPT. The table already had a couple of loose aggressive players and the drunk made it even more fun.

He got lucky and won his first two hands with AA and then a set of 6's. As he's raking in the pot he loudly proclaims "I never bluff" So now most of the table knows that he will be bluffing as soon as possible.

Later the drunk gets caught between the two other aggressive players. 4 raises preflop, 4 raises on turn, 4 raises on river. Good player has 6's full of Jacks, drunk has rags. It took the good player 3 hands before he had finished stacking all the chips.

I think drinking and watching too much no limit poker on TV is the culprit. The guys that have never played much live action poker start to believe every hand can be won if you bluff hard enough.