PDA

View Full Version : We're all winners at S&G's

William
01-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Or so we say. How about telling what your nick is. That way we don't have to rely on what you say /images/graemlins/wink.gif ( even if we do want to believe you)
I'll start, I am MobyDick at PokerStars.
An you are? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

spike
01-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Spike is spike_tt at PokerStars. And everywhere else in fact.

I only started keeping detailed records of my SNGs at the end of November, I'm winning since then (99 played).

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-06-2004, 01:59 PM
At 'Stars, where I play 90%+ of my tournaments, I'm KURN. Currently playing 10+1 2-table SNGs with a goal of moving up a level each time I reach 16 buy-ins in my account.

For the new year I've played 13 SNGs, 1st twice, 2nd once, 4th twice. 35.8% in the money, ROI 63.6%. Tiny sample, obviously.

Rick Diesel
01-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I play on Pokerstars as deeznizzies. Have only played one SNG in the new year due to an extremely hectic work schedule, a $30 one-table that I took second in. One of my resolutions is to keep more detailed records in the new year, so hopefully I will be able to post more in the future.

Rick Diesel
"True love is hard to find. Sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your closet like a goddamn magic show ready to doubleteam your girlfriend."

NotMitch
01-06-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm NotMitch at Stars.

GrinningBuddha
01-06-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm NotMitch at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then who ARE you? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GrinningBuddha
01-06-2004, 02:51 PM
GrnngBuddha at Stars, 0/1 this year in SnG's. Listen to nothing I say. :/

CrisBrown
01-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi William,

I'm CrisBrown on PokerStars. I usually play $55 and $109 two-table SNGs, although I sometimes play multis as well as lower buy-ins when there are no $55 or $109 games available.

Cris

Ulysses
01-06-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm akshawnd on PartyPoker - that's the only place I have an account right now, but I'm probably going to sign up at PokerStars and UB at some point.

I played a bunch of mainly 30+3 SNGs when I started online in September. I think I did OK, but didn't keep records.

I just played my first SNGs in months this week. 3 $100+9 NL. I placed in two of them, 1st and 2nd. So, I believe this is statistically sound evidence that I can make the money in 66% of the SNGs I play and I will make on average $157.67 per $100+9 SNG I play. My average should probably be higher, as midway through the tourney I almost stole from mid-position w/ my 33. Button had AK and SB had QQ. 3 on the flop for me would have tripled me up, at that stage pretty much assuring me of the money. What a huge mistake. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I busted out of that one when my CO A9s steal ran into AK in the BB.

Bluff1
01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm Bluff1 on stars. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bozeman
01-06-2004, 04:17 PM
"I'm akshawnd on PartyPoker"

You da Man!

OrangeKing
01-06-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm OrangeKing at Party, Paradise, and now PokerStars too. You'll find me playing in smaller buy-in tournaments, until I build a bit of a bankroll. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PrayingMantis
01-06-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm HelmetSky on Stars. Playing since october, mainly one tables 11$ SNG, but recently some 2 tables, and some 22$ too. I'm winning, though not great. Still not making the 50% ROI, but heading that way. I learn something almost every game I play, and do a lot of analysis of my hands history.

And Kurn, I was playing with you twice on the 2 tables SNG -one which you ended out of the money, the second you took 4th. It was interesting to to watch you play, I rarely see such tight-aggressive play on this levels. Maybe some time soon we'll be heads-up there, although I'm not sure I'm really praying for it... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PrayingMantis

J.A.Sucker
01-06-2004, 05:35 PM
AkshawnD....

Damn! I knew that wasn't me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DougBrennan
01-06-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm d9090 everywhere I play, UB, Stars, Party, and Paradise. Play $5-30 SnGs and lots of multis up to $30. Last week I qualified for both the Stars and UB $200 NLHE Sunday tournies, but I didn't scare anybody in either of them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kurn, I played with you for about 10 minutes late in the $3 Stars satellite you previously posted on, but you were moved before I could lose any of my chips to you.

William
01-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Seems like we're getting some names. Nice to know who we'll be facing online. and with a bit of luck, we'll solve the "Akshawnd identity mystery /images/graemlins/grin.gif"
don't be scared, come with your nicks...

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-06-2004, 06:06 PM
I remember your handle, but I don't remember making any notes on you. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Was the one where I made the early exit when I bet out on a J-high flop (I had AJs) got reraised all-in and called the guy who limped with QQ?

PrayingMantis
01-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey, I qualified to the last sunday 200+15 multy on stars too, without any rebuys or addons! My original 3$ took my to the money... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was actually my first sattelite, and I was lucky: 10th hand or so, I get AKs on the SB, 7 or 8 players before me ALL GO ALL-IN!!! You probably know better than me how it is with those re-buys events, people are going in with QTo, busting out 45548 times, and rebuy. So I decide the pot is so huge, why not try it as well? if I'm not standing here against AA and/or KK, my chances could be pretty good! So without thinking much I'm in. Pot is around 12,000 (it's very early), and the flop: 8-9-J my suit!!! They all re-bought immidiately of course (people went in with 54s, AJs and KTo), but I became chip leader of the whole tourney, and with some solid play and poor play by others, succeded in keeping myself at the top 5 until the very end, few happy hours later.

I couldn't play the multy, so I change my winnings into tournaments dollars, and I'm not sure if it's not the smarter move anyway. Now I have 215$ more in my "SNG account", and they keeps making me money. The multy had around 950 players in it, so i think my 215$ are better used that way, at least for me, and for my amount of multy expirience.

PrayingMantis

PrayingMantis
01-06-2004, 06:39 PM
No, it was the one you got AKo twice during levels 2-3, made a big raise PF, and got both times the same caller - a guy that was sitting 1 or 2 seats to your right. First hand you checked it to the river, where you got your straight, you bet pretty big and he called.
The second one, you raised with AKo PF, the same guy called, checked a non-threatening flop (along the lines of 2-5-8) you put him all-in, and he called with pocket 8's.

On some later point I made my baby straight with something like 83o on the BB, and bet into you on the river, (you were button) and you called. It was a nice not-too-big bet (maybe T150 on a T500 pot), and I tried to make it small enough for you to call (I was also afraid of the bigger straight). Those were the only chips I got out of you on that SNG... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThingDo
01-06-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm ThingDo on Stars... only player I've seen is Bluff1. Nice call with AKs to put me out in 4th buddy! I was already pissed too. I hate you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif J/K NH!

DrPhysic
01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Not being a fundamentally sneaky person, nor having much to hide: I am on Stars and Party as DrPhysic. Usually play on Stars.

When in the mood to play LHE, I play 1/2, 2/4, rarely 3/6 limit.

Usually play SNGs, satellites, or low $ cash tourns. SNG's $5.50, $11, rarely $22. Prefer 18 to 9. About even overall on SNG's. Maybe a little ahead.

Have most recently been playing low buy in cash tournaments and satellites, rather like the $3+addons format. Treat it as a $9 tournament. Have made the $200+15 two weeks ago, $500+30 last week, not in the $200+15 last Sun. Fairly consistently in top 20%, won 12th, 10th, 1st in satellites, have yet to cash in the bigger tournaments.

Doc

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Ugh. That one. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Scooterdoo
01-06-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm LAKONG on both party and pokerstars. Haven't been playing pokerstars lately, but will probably return soon. Playing mostly party in the $100 and sometimes $50 SnG's. Will be focusing this year more on multi-table tournaments too -- if I can find sufficient blocks of time. While I'm playing the SnG's I often play some ring games, usually the $5-10 or $3-6.

We should check our pokertracker databases to see if we have any meaningful data on other twoplustwo players.

Is it possible to set up a private SnG table on any of these sites -- I'm pretty sure you can do it as a ring game, but it would be fun to get 10 of us together in an SnG at a buy-in that everyone is comfortable with. Perhaps we can exchange IM names and coordinate a game on Pokerstars since the tables take so long to fill anyway we should be able to get lots of seats together. If anyone wants to take the lead one night let me know.

DrPhysic
01-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Send Stars an e-m. I know they can. I'll bet they will, and give us a password logon for 2+2ers only.

I vote for a two table NLHE $10+1 any weeknight 6-8PM US EDT. That only lets 18 players in. Maybe more often than just once, to give more a chance.

If the Spurs don't have a home game that night, I'm in.

Doc

Hotrod0823
01-06-2004, 10:09 PM
I like the idea. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Usually play 5+.50 or 10+1 SnG on Stars or UB. Same ID.

Scooterdoo
01-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I wrote Pokerstars and Party. Party does have a mechanism for private ring games, but nothing I can see for NL SitnGo's so we'll see what they say. Pokerstars has responded and they can't do it at this time. See their response below.

Given that it takes so long to fill up a pokerstars tournament we should be able to coordinate it pretty easily here. If someone wants to set it up and start a thread I'm all for for it. However, I'm on the west coast so it would be best if we can do it much later than you suggested.

POKERSTARS RESPONSE:
We have received, over the last few months, a veritable tidal wave of
requests for private tournaments and cash games. Given that, we're
going to suspend doing *any* private events (except those for which we
have a prior commitment) until we can review the whole process and
decide exactly how to proceed with them.

Please accept our apologies for not doing your tournament or cash game at this time. When we have reviewed the private event
situation in detail and have a reasonable plan for doing them, we'll
consider all offers.

Again, thank you for your interest and thank you for playing at
PokerStars.

DrPhysic
01-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Scooter,
Your'e right, I forgot about the land of fruits and nuts. Also, It ain't daylight time anymore!

Later's fine with me. Would somewhere around 10pm EST work for most?

Doc

DrPhysic
01-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Scooter, several more thoughts:
1. We should start a new thread on this subject to get more involvement.
2. Since we can't get a private table, how about one of us who plays under same name jump on the first new table of agreed # of players and $ that opens after a specified time so all can find the game by id'ing that player. I would volunteer, but I think CrisBrown, OrangeKing, Spike, or GriiningBuddha are better known than i am.
3. How many do you think we could round up by 10PM EST an hour from now, tonight?

Doc

CrisBrown
01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi Doc,

Sorry I missed the SNG (if y'all played). I was in a SNG at the time. 4th in a $109 two-table, which was only a $71 profit, but that's better than losing, and I guess I really can't whine about "only" $35/hr....

Cris

DrPhysic
01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Don't believe you missed a thing. No followup yet. I just sent a pm to Kurn re this:

We would need a thread posted, which I am glad to do, asking for players so we know how many. We would also need a leader to start the table. We cannot get a private table on Stars. As I see it, we would need someone well known, who plays under the same name as on 2+2 ie: you or Kurn to be the one to get on a Stars SNG table at exactly 10PM eastern. (or other agreed on time) That way everybody else can find the table. Talk is about a $10+1 NLHE one or two table SNG. Tomorrow night interesting?

If you are interested, let me know. I will start a thread on the appropriate boards. First i need a leader that everybody knows.

Doc

CrisBrown
01-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi Doc,

I don't know that I'm better known than a lot of other people here. As for tomorrow night, I don't know. I never know what I'm going to be doing until I'm doing it lately. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cris

DougBrennan
01-07-2004, 12:40 AM
I'd be up for such an event. Anytime after 5:30 PM Pacific time is good here.

DrPhysic
01-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Doug,
I will prob make a post. I would like to get someone better known than myself to make the initial login on the table because we can't get a private table on Stars. Watch this forum tomorrow. Time prob 7pm PSt.

Doc