PDA

View Full Version : Aggression pays

BugsBunny
01-06-2004, 01:11 PM
UB 1/2 10 handed

Tables playing fairly tight with a number (maybe 3) of decent players and a couple of fishies

I'm UTG+1 with AJo and come in for an open raise. Tight table I might even steal the blinds from here (happened a few times) - I'll definitely thin the field though. (On these LL tables I'l open-raise AJ maybe 50% of the time from EP. Not when UTG so much, but from EP3 more often than not)

MP2 (unkown at this point which category he's in) reraises (uh-oh). Rest of the table folds. Heads up to flop.

Flop comes Krr.

OK - I lead in to this with a bet. MP raises. What to do now? Well I have 2 choices - reraise or fold.

I reraise. MP thinks for a few seconds then folds. I muck.

In talking with one of the other players after the hand MP reveals he had QQ /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Note made that he's a decent player that *will* lay down a hand.

Sometimes you have to fire that second barrel.

stantheman
01-06-2004, 01:23 PM
I like it. I play mostly at UB 1/2 and 2/4 nowadays, and I'm coming into these pots with AJ with a raise almost 100% of the time. It's shocking how often you can take the blinds this way, even from UTG. The games have loosened up a bit (quite a bit in some cases) in the last week or so (amazing what a 50% bonus will do) but for the most part I attack these games the same way you did, even now.

If you want to leave me your handle I'll make sure I don't try too many of these against you though. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif