PDA

View Full Version : KJo late position

jdl22
01-06-2004, 09:09 AM
As I'm a newb any suggestions are more than welcome. Here's a hand of mine last night that I'm not sure I played correctly:
Party .5/1 (should I be posting this in Micro?)
6 handed table seems loose/passive

I'm in LP 1 before button:
dealt K J
BB+1 calls, BB+2 folds, I raise, button folds, sb folds, bb raises, bb+1 calls, I call

Flop:
K 4 9
BB bets out, bb+1 calls, I raise, BB 3 bets, bb+1 folds, I call

Turn:
K [K 4 9 ]
BB checks, I bet, BB calls

River:
4 [K 4 9 K ]
BB checks, I bet BB call

result below

Here is what I was thinking:
Can't actually remember why I raised preflop because perhaps I should just call there, I guess for value because of my late position. On the flop I raised for information. He reraised which I took to mean that he had either aces, kings, or KQ ie I'm beaten. The pot being reasonable (13.5 sb) I decided not to lay down with top pair and a nonhorrible kicker. When the turn came and he checked it I had two thoughts, the first is that he might be checkraising, the second thought was that I'm looking at three kings so the probability that he has the fourth is pretty low. The second thought won out so I bet. The river gave me a full house so my kicker didn't matter so I bet out.

Result: I won with a full house, he didn't show.

Joe Tall
01-06-2004, 09:59 AM
We try to reserve the SS forum for 2/4 and higher as online as rarely you will find a B&M game lower and most of these games are spread online.

You are playing shorthanded so the raise is not out of question, however, limping in LP w/KJo is a standard play.

After that I think you played it fine and your reads seem correct.

If you want to know the hand your opponent had you should check the hand history, it should be there.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Rico Suave
01-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Hey Joe:

[ QUOTE ]
You are playing shorthanded so the raise is not out of question, however, limping in LP w/KJo is a standard play.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 10 handed game, I would raise with KJo from lp with only 1 ep limper. You think a limp in this type of situation is a better play?

--Rico

ProfLupin
01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Well played! Welcome to the forum.

Joe Tall
01-06-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a 10 handed game, I would raise with KJo from lp with only 1 ep limper. You think a limp in this type of situation is a better play?

[/ QUOTE ]

1 limper is fine, especially if the blinds will fold. Once you get multiple limpers and blinds that will call, KJo is a very late position limp. I've been having great success as of late limiting to playing it in LP only after limpers.

Peace,
Joe Tall