PDA

View Full Version : one of the worst hands i've ever played? AK in the bb

bicyclekick
01-06-2004, 03:58 AM
I don't know what was wrong with me...i shoulda mucked it pre flop...I can't figure to have the best hand if it's capped before it reaches me with AK...but for some dumb reason I called.

Only real read i have is button is a pretty bad player who will call down with ace high.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is BB

EP2 raises, MP1 3-bets, Button caps, SB folds, Hero calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Flop(16 1/2 SB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, Button calls, Hero calls

Turn(14 1/4 BB): 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks

River(14 1/4 BB): Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, MP1 calls, Button raises, Hero calls, MP1 folds

I take it down with my pathetic ak when button turns over q4o. LOL. Stupidly played, good outcome.

2 hands later and he's mp3.

Hero has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is Button

EP2 limps, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls, BB folds, EP2 folds, MP3 caps, Hero calls, SB calls

Flop(14 SB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, MP3 bets, Hero raises, SB calls(all-in), MP3 3-bets, Hero caps, MP3 calls

Turn(11 1/2 BB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP3 bets, Hero calls

River(13 1/2 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP3 checks, Hero checks

he turns over 77. Lol.

OOBER fish.

CarlNiclas
01-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Well, if it was at the same table as I was playing for a while ("Frederyck") there were some extremely interesting characters there.

You did scare me out of one pot where we basically had the same cards (KQs). I was in the BB and both you and the SB raised pre-flop, so I folded (perhaps a bit weak, but I had the SB figured as a relatively tight but passive guy and you as a solid player). Oh well, we would only have split it in the end, so it probably wasn't worth it... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bicyclekick
01-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Found that hand, and lol the SB had pocket aces, so it was a good read and muck on your part, i just rivered him. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP1

EP1 limps, Hero raises, MP3 calls, CO(poster) calls, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, EP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO(poster) calls

Flop(16 SB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, EP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls

Turn(10 BB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Hero calls

River(12 BB): Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls

Joe Tall
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
I fold AKo preflop in this situation. If it's a respectable player capping I fold AKs in this situation.

Wow, what a wild table, not even LAGs, maniacs, full blown maniacs.

I think I would have done the same in each hand.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bernie
01-06-2004, 02:58 PM
2nd hand, id raise the turn. you wont mind him folding his 6 (+ if he has a 7d) outer.

if he 3 bets, id call him down.

b

ninja please
01-06-2004, 03:14 PM
that guy was great. you forgot the funny fact that he had had 77 the hand right before your second hand and played it in exactly the same way, losing to JJ overpair. in the middle of your hand one of the other players was remarking "he plays 77 like aces". lo and behold he was in the middle of proving to anyone who missed the first hand that it is in fact the way he plays.

i won my biggest pot of the night against him (24BB) when he called a capped pre-flop with T2o against my KK and another player's JJ. as was his usual, he flopped 2 pair on T42 so the betting was capped again. luckily i got a 4 on the turn and took it down.

bicyclekick
01-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Ahh yeah, i remember that hand clearly where you took him down with your kings and 4's.

HAHAHAHA i laughed so hard.

Didn't realize there were sooooo many 2+2'ers around...

CarlNiclas
01-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Yep, like crows around a roadkill... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

trillig
01-06-2004, 06:47 PM
WOW, I need those 2 at my tables.

LOL! 77 to the river with all over cards, easy flush and straight draws and higher pair on board? I hope you said nice hand! LOL!
:Calling Station Deluxe models: Thank god for upgrades! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-t