PDA

View Full Version : JJ from MP, and the BB nailed me (I think)

Gomez22
01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
UB .25/.50 - Typical, but BB is a real gamblor.... LAG that loves to pressure players and plays maybe 80% of hands.

I'm MP2 with J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

At this time, I have gotten a pretty good table image, as my raises are now getting respect, and I find myself in all hands mainly HU on the flop. BB, however, is a borderline maniac, and I know without any doubt that he's calling me here.

Folded to me, I open raise, folded to BB, and of course, he calls.

FLOP(4.5 SB): K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, I figure this is raise or fold time, so I raise...... BB 3-bets. Now... against a LAG, do you ever fold here? I called, just to peel one and see the results.

TURN(5.25 BB): 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I fold.....

34TheTruth34
01-05-2004, 09:58 PM
If he's a full-blown maniac, then why not just call the flop, turn, and river bets? Since you have position, you can make sure a bet goes in on every street. Folding seems out of the question, but it is likely he has some garbage like Q8s and you're down to two outs or runner-runner for a straight. Call down.

bunky9590
01-05-2004, 11:20 PM
if he's a maniac, call down, he could show you a K or Q just as easy as he could show the open end str8 draw or small pocket pair.

Joe Tall
01-06-2004, 09:05 AM
I'd fold to the 3-bet on the flop. The LAG bet into a solid open-raiser, granted LAGs love to do this, but you raise and he 3-bet. Rarely LAGs will have less of a hand that you can beat at this point.

Peace,
Joe Tall