PDA

View Full Version : CardPlayer Cruises

JoeU
01-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Has anyone taken a poker cruise with these folks? How was the experience? I have been on 4-5 other cruises and I think I've convinced my wife to go on one. My concern is that their service is not up to snuff, or the games on the ship aren't that good. I'm really concerned with CardPlayer Cruises moreso than the cruising experience. Cruising is my favorite vacation, so no convincing needed there.

Thanks in advance for the comments.

Joe

MS Sunshine
01-06-2004, 09:28 PM
I've been on five of their, Linda and Jan's, poker cruises. They do a great job making sure everyone, poker addict and non-playing spouses, have a good time. It's also pretty cool to rub elbows with poker names in social situations.

MS Sunshine

JoeU
01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the response. My wife is an interested non-player who might take the plunge and play some low limit HE or stud. Glad to see they consider BOTH people.

Thanks again for responding.

Joe

Mason Malmuth
01-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi Joe:

You may also want to look at Classic Poker Cruises. Here's a link classic poker cruises (http://www.classicpokercruises.com/) .

My understanding is that while more expensive than Card Player Cruises the additional expense is worth it for some people.

Best wishes,
Mason

JoeU
01-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks Mason, I'll look into them.

Joe

BHPRINCE
01-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Their is a Cruise leaving Feb.11 from Ft Lauderdale aboard the new Queen Mary 2 to Rio de Janeiro for the Carnival. You can book thru CP

CrackerZack
01-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Post a trip report when you get back. I've always been curious about these.

JoeU
01-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I plan on it, but don't hold your breath. We're not going until November; that is if she says yes. She's having issues about leaving the baby with grandma. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe