View Full Version : AA - Too aggressive, Too passive or Just right ?

Tosh
01-05-2004, 07:48 PM
$2/$4 online. I have been at the table for 3 or so orbits and the table is pretty standard for this limit.

I pick up A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB. UTG +1 open raises, folded to me and I make it 3. BB cold calls, SB caps and we both call.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to UTG +1 who bets. I raise, BB cold calls, UTG +1 3 bets, I cap and both call.

The turn is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif and we check to UTG +1 who bets. I raise, BB cold calls, UTG +1 3 bets and we both call.

River is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and we check and both call UTG +1 when he bets.

MikeyObviously
01-05-2004, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't check raise the turn, i'd bet out and see what happens. if you get raised, i'd go ahead and reraise. The only real legit hand an UTG+1 raiser could have here that beats you is TT...and thats not very likely.

Joe Tall
01-06-2004, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I pick up A A in the SB. UTG +1 open raises, folded to me and I make it 3. BB cold calls, SB caps and we both call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what the exact action is here but it looks as if you are up against lesser overpairs and missed some action.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Tosh
01-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I agree Joe, 1 more raise was necessary I feel.

UTG +1 had KTo and this was the first hand of him tilting away all his money.