PDA

View Full Version : Limp Raising

06-30-2002, 03:50 AM
Is limp raising with QJs utg with mutliple players a bad play?

Here's what happened tonight. I limp-raised with AA utg and won a big pot. The very next round, I have QJs utg. I limp. 2 callers. Middle position player (MP) raises (he would raise with any big ace). SB and bb calls. I thought why not limp raise again so they would think I have AA again, so I raise. Original raiser caps. only BB calls. The other folded saying "oohh... the guy has AA again". However, it turned out that the MP has AA, but I won the pot. I don't have HPFAP with me, but is it mention somewhere about limp raising with suited connectors with multiplayers?

What do you think of my limp raising? Is it such a horrible play?

06-30-2002, 07:41 AM
What do you think of my limp raising? Is it such a horrible play?

In a word, yes. You got very lucky.

For long term profibility you'd be much better off raising occaissionaly with QJs in a tight game and calling one reraise than you would limp-reraising.

You raise to steal the blinds. The hand is just good enough to call one reraise from that position.

Best of luck to you. Billy (LTL)

Best of luck

06-30-2002, 11:38 AM
given the timing, i think it was a beautiful play. many players ONLY limp reraise with AA KK or AKs...thats it. it had the desired effect of deception. confirmed by the other guys comment. had the other guy not had AA, you now put yourself into a good bluff position if noone catches. if the raiser had A-big suited, hed be hard pressed to call all the way unless he catches. given the board and all...whats really fun is if he dumps then a Q hits the turn or river and you beat him with QJ because he folded. great reactions on those hands...

with that many callers it was a nice spot to do it...just dont get carried away with it. its a strong move, and ill almost gaurantee that they won put you on it next time...what woulda been real fun is if you had KK the next hand and did it again. /images/wink.gif

great variation

b