PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker bugs

AZK
01-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi again,

So I just started playing on Party Poker... I have a 1.3 Ghz with 256 RAM computer...it seems kind of laggy/buggy, not so much the internet connection, but if I am running othe programs while playing..i.e outlook, AIM etc...do you guys also notice the same thing? Should I be upgrading? Thanks again.

Ari

rusty JEDI
01-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Tough to tell, because the lag may not be on your end but instead on parties.

SamJack
01-06-2004, 01:39 PM
You can find out by doing the following:

1) hit Ctl-Alt-De
2) click the 'Task Manger' button
3) click of the Processes Tab
4) Click on the 'CPU' column header. If a process is eating up huge percentage of the CPU cycle, that is the process of the offending program. (Unless it is svchost.exe or System Idle Process which part of the operating system and will normally take up the largest share of the CPU cycle).
5) Click on the 'Mem Usage' column header. If a process is hogging a huge amount of memory, e.g. close to your physical memory. (e.g. 256M in your case). That process is slowing your system down by causing the page file to be constantly accessed. If this was the case, your will hear your hark-disk being constantly accessed.

6) If through step 5) or 6) you discover an offending process, you should try to figure out which program launched that process and kill the program. Sometime it is obvious, sometimes it is not. I would recommend against using the 'end process' button unless you know what you are doing since you may accidentally kill a process belonging to the OS or a critical service. If you do that, you will likely have to reboot.

Sam

Lori
01-06-2004, 01:51 PM
I run 266 Mhz with 128 RAM and use dialup, and although it has it's moments I still manage to run MSN and rove the net using my search engines without much ill effect.

Lori

William
01-06-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I run 266 Mhz with 128 RAM and use dialup, and although it has it's moments I still manage to run MSN and rove the net using my search engines without much ill effect.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

You should upgrade, it will be cheaper in the long run.

Lori
01-06-2004, 02:56 PM
You should upgrade, it will be cheaper in the long run

This IS the upgrade, I was on 100Mhz for a year /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Unfortunately, whatever I do, I'm stuck with dialup until I move house as my Landlady won't allow anything else.

Of all the things, this is the one that most urgently needs attention.

At the moment, the only downside is that I cant play paradise at the same time as other sites and I cant play on 24h, Absolute or Dynamite without wanting to get a new cat-carrier.

Lori

William
01-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Dialup, is that where you use a modem and pay by time?
I didn't even know that was possible any longer. It must cost a fortune!
I hope you soon find better accomodations and join us into the 21st century /images/graemlins/laugh.gif