PDA

View Full Version : Should I have re-raised the turn?

colgin
01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Party $1/2. I am in EP and have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, I raise and it is folded to SB who calls, BB calls and UTG calls.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet , SB calls, BB folds and UTG calls.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif [Q /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Checked to me, I bet, SB check-raises, UTG folds and I call.

Should I have re-raised here? I am assuming that a checkraise here means two pair or better and it looks to me like I could quite easily be up against a straight or flush. So I just call. Would anyone have done differently?

River (of dreams): 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif [T /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

SB bets, I raise and SB folds (huh?). I guess this player did not read majorking's post about folding for one bet in large pots.

Any comments are appreciated.

mickblueeyes
01-05-2004, 04:26 PM
I believe that Sklansky advises to go ahead and reraise in this position. With a big pair and one of the suit on board, you are slightly ahead in this situation with plenty of outs.

Dylan Wade
01-05-2004, 04:32 PM
I think he had T5, at party it seems most people will call all raises in the SB. I don't know why.

I'd call it down with likely 13-14 outs. 7 of which, the /images/graemlins/club.gifs are the nuts, and can be re-raised. I'd also raise once if the board pairs on the river. No point in re-raising the turn when the value of your hand is questionable. The pot is already quite large. You can call if you miss the river since it's heads-up and it might still be good.

mickblueeyes
01-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Sorry, missed the heads up part. I think in this situation, calling is the best shot and then, of course, betting the river when your card comes.