PDA

View Full Version : KK UTG+1

captheflop
01-05-2004, 03:51 PM
No limit live game $1/$2 blinds with several solid players, a few weak players and one person raising 80% of the hands to $20 preflop.

I receive KK UTG+1 and decide to go for the limp reraise with the psycho better 3 spots to my right. 7 people call $2, including psycho better, I thought. (great, he chooses this hand not to raise i think, so I look down and realize he had just left the table, i was busy stacking chips from the last hand and didn't notice).

Anyway, flop comes 7 5 2 rainbow.

BB bets $2, I raise to $40 hoping to take it right there. Solid player 3 to my left calls, bb raises to $76 all in. I think about pushing all in to get solid player out (I have about $1000, he has $350), but decide to just call the all in. Solid player now goes all in. Now what? Yes I have him covered, but do I really want to give up $300 when I am 95% sure I am behind?

What would you do? How many mistakes have I made so far?

Results:

I put solid player on 22 or 55 for a flopped set ( I think he would have raised 77 and can't see him playing any other hands that this flop helped) and didn't feel like chasing, so folded.

As it turned out, my read was correct as he had 22 for the flopped set. Unfortunately the turn and river came 5 5 and my K's would have been good. I never saw the other players hand. I feel like I made the correct play folding based upon my read, does anyone disagree?

Thanks for your input.

Captheflop

C M Burns
01-05-2004, 04:01 PM
yes good fold, can't see how u would be best here

crockpot
01-05-2004, 04:24 PM
i would adjust that 95% figure to 100% unless your read on him as a solid player is waaaayyy off. there is no way this betting pattern makes sense with anything less than two pair, and anything less than a set is a longshot.

Huskiez
01-05-2004, 05:03 PM
With your raise of 38 and the BB only reraising back 36, shouldn't that not be enough for the solid player to push all in, as the BB didn't make a full raise?

By the way, I thought your play was good, nice fold. I think attempting to limp reraise was a nice play.

limon
01-05-2004, 08:24 PM
not knowing the guy you want to trap has left = bad
making a scared $40 raise = bad
+ other bad decisions that stem from this.

if you raise say $10 you keep the pot under controll and you dont have to lose a bundle in an unraised pot with just a pair.

Matt Flynn
01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
The flop bet would have me thinking I've got $2 invested in this disaster and way too much behind so why not fold. Seriously, I've mucked AA to a similar poke bet on the flop in that situation before. When a lot of people see the flop, even AA is much more likely to win you a little one or lose you a big one than the other way around, especially when you're out of position. One pair just isn't a good enough hand. limon's way lets you play for the little one. On the turn just check.