PDA

View Full Version : 100+9 SnG hand

Inthacup
01-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi all. Was playing in a 100+9 at Party yesterday and this hand came up:

There were 4 people left. Chip stacks: UTG- T640, Button- Me with T-3200, SB- T4600, BB- T1560.

Stakes are 400-800.

UTG folds, I raise with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB 3-bets, BB folds, I call.

Flop:

5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets. Decision 1: I now have T-2000. What do I do now and why?

I called. Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He bets, I have T1600 left. Decision 2: What do I do and why?

Thanks.

Cup

steeser
01-05-2004, 11:00 AM
At the point that you are at, being 1 out of the money, I wouldn't want to tangle with a larger stack. By him 3 betting, unless you have been doing a lot of stealing, you can probably put him on a real hand, or at the very least something better than yours. I would have probably done as you and called at the flop, but after the turn I would have folded, as if he has a pocket pair your flush draw is no good. If you fold here, you still have about double the short stack and can still get into the money.

Stagemusic
01-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Absolutely the quickest fold in the history of man. I am making an assumption here by thinking that the blinds are 200/400 and when you say stakes you are saying the small bet and big bet. You have T1600 left and the small stack will be virtually all in on the blind the next 2 hands putting you with a great chance of being in the money right then. Fold and run baby. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Inthacup
01-05-2004, 12:28 PM
I am making an assumption here by thinking that the blinds are 200/400 and when you say stakes you are saying the small bet and big bet.

You are correct. The stakes were 400-800, therefore, the Small Blind was 200 and the Big Blind was 400.

Cup

WalleyeJason
01-05-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call. your getting 7-1 pot odds on your call, I think the SB has a big PP. The SB has some chips to play with, and I see him pushing your draw hard. If you hit a heart on the turn, the added chips will go a long way to help you win this tournament
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think here you have to Fold.

Your heart does not fall, but even worse the board now has 3 5's and makes you a big dog to just about any pair.

UTG is about to pay the blinds and if he does not win a hand your in the money. I'll take my chances there.

HavanaBanana
01-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll pry into the mind of Son of a Bitch (SB) here.

[ QUOTE ]
There were 4 people left. Chip stacks: UTG- T640, Button- Me with T-3200, SB- T4600, BB- T1560.

Stakes are 400-800.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, look at that, I am chipleader, 4 players left as usuual noone wants 4th, I have a semidecent hand I could call for sure, but wait! if I 3bet I will put all even the button under extra pressure because he doesent have enough chips left to live through bets all the way to the river.
So I'll 3bet my AT.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop:

5 9 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Well easy bet for me, Button has a pocket pair or maybe a better ace than me, unlikely that he has a 5, I need to keep the pressure up. Now if he raises me he most probably would raise me here I would call, and peak the turn. Great, he didnt raise me, hope the turn is scary.

[ QUOTE ]
I called. Turn: 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe I didn't have AT afterall, but what does it matter, too much in the pot to wimp out now, for me the bet is 800 for the Button it is all he got for a possible lead in the tourney vs 4th which he hates like anybody else.

Something like that, takes more guts to do that at 100+9 but it is a nice play. Would be nice to have enough info on the guy to know if he was capable of this play.

You are getting 3:1 on your last 1600 to win, which is not enough unless you know that it is likely for the SB to do this with 'any' cards, so I would fold here.

Was that what you did?
would you have called if the SB was me? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daryn
01-06-2004, 04:35 AM
am i the only one who thinks a flop raise from the button is in order? you might be able to buy yourself a free river card. just a thought.

gavrilo
01-06-2004, 06:01 AM
This what exactly my thoughts when reading the post.

Inthacup
01-06-2004, 08:50 AM
you might be able to buy yourself a free river card. just a thought.

I certainly thought about this, but the chances of him having a real hand are reasonably high. I doubt he would 3-bet the 2nd biggest stack with something like KQ or KJ. It's quite possible that he has a pocket pair of some sort.

This leads me to think that my chances of getting 3-bet are higher than normal. If I get 3-bet, folding becomes much harder and if I do fold I'm much worse off.

Cup

Stagemusic
01-06-2004, 09:03 AM
The thought crossed my mind about that too. But, if I do and he actually has a hand, I am totally screwed. I think the only one that would really benefit from this would be the short stack who would only have to wait it out until the blinds hit me...

Nope, I'm folding. /images/graemlins/grin.gif