PDA

View Full Version : new to online

bdypdx
01-04-2004, 10:41 PM
I play 3/6 and 4/8 live. May try online...

Think I may try online at Party. Maybe .50/1.00 just for kicks between trips to the cardrooms.

Mainly I'm curious about my buy-in plan. Firepay? Netteller? Etc... Any horror stories about these?

Also, what should I really pay attention to as to the differences between live and online.

Happy New Year,

bdy

CrackerZack
01-04-2004, 10:44 PM
I like neteller. Online is much more aggressive, especially party. enjoy.

bdypdx
01-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Thanks.

I've played in aggressive games. So ok.

What about other sites?

Lori
01-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Neteller occasionally freezes accounts if they suspect naughtiness, but they always unfreeze again.

Occasional horror stories have been told about Firepay but infrequent enough to not be serious.

Other sites, in order of size.

Pokerstars (Particuarly for tourney play)
Ultimatebet
Paradisepoker

You should also scan this forum to see if places like True Poker and The gaming club give away any freebies.

Before depositting in Party , be sure to get a friend to refer you, or research some affiliate deals.

Affiliates are a sore point on this forum at times, I'd recommend reading the works of at least four different ones before committing to giving one of them your business.
An affiliate might refund you portions of your rake, or get you other nice deals, just remember that they are doing it because THEY get a rebate, so be sure they are earning their cash before you join.

Lori

drudman
01-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Be prepared to change your game to fit the style of Party's lower limits or you might end up poorer and scratching your head. You should definitely do fine though.

At the limits you're playing with, definitely take advantage of the opportunities for bonuses. You can get bonuses at any of the Party skins. You can find all of the info you need here on the boards about that.

I'd go with Neteller if I were you.