PDA

View Full Version : Oh God, help me please

Jdanz
01-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Hey boys and girls, this is the biggest question ive asked here, but i need some serious advice. I am a relatively new poker player, been playing for about a year, and i'm a small but consistant winner. I don't make a whole lot of big bucks but i do ok. Well i've continually entered the UB 3 dollar Stone Cold Nuts tourney super sataliettes jusdt because i saw how incredibly poorly people played in them and how often they rebought. Long story short i won my way into the big one which is on Jan 11. I'm a college student and my honors program is sending me to Florence the same day and there is no way i can play, and ub won't let me sell the account. I want to play badly but at the moment there is absolutely nothing i can do that will let me play this tournament. Advice? the only think i can possibly think of is to let some honest soul who is reputable on this site play my account for me and recieve a cut of the potential winnings, but i'm surely open to other ideas. Please help a poor college kid who doesn't feel like seeing my 2050 dollar rot. Thanks again.

-Jdanz

CrackerZack
01-05-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm actually really surprised UB won't let you sell it. Post this in the internet forum also. There are a number of people in there that might be able to help you.

David
01-05-2004, 01:22 AM
No doubt, have Lori play it for you if she will. PM her, she is honest and a very good NL tourney player.

Lori
01-05-2004, 01:39 AM
You could ask them for some kind of equivalent credit, 19 Aruba satellite entries springs to mind.
If they are even vaguely reasonable, they will then see that you are not trying to get a cash refund out of this, but genuinely have a problem.

If you need someone to play the event I'd be more than happy to do it,(we can come to an agreement through private messages, Im not greedy) but UB would be on the lookout for other people playing the account so it would need to be cleared with them first.

Lori

Dalamar
01-05-2004, 01:41 AM
I'd be more than happy to play it for you, if you can't find anyone else to play. I'm very familiar with UB and their tournament structure. I'm currently laid off and not expecting to go back (it's killing me) - so I have plenty of time to prepare for the tournament, and if you can't find anyone else, please drop me a line.

Cyndie
01-05-2004, 04:43 AM
just FWIW...UB is the only software I know that will allow two players to play one account at the same time...they do not allow you to play at the same tables, but you can log in from two different computers. If anyone should allow a different person to play the tourney for you, they should.

1800GAMBLER
01-05-2004, 09:02 AM
You shouldn't let college get in the way of your poker education. So go!

andyfox
01-05-2004, 02:19 PM
You're going to see Michelangelo's David and his Laurentian Library and Brunelleschi's great dome and the doors on the Baptistery. You're going to walk in the footsteps of Raphael and Leonardo Da Vinci and Machiavelli and Galileo. You're going to see Giotto's Ognissanti Madonna in the Uffizi and walk across the Ponte Vecchio into the Oltrano. You'll get to visit Siena and San Gimignano and all the other wonderful places in Tuscany.

And you're worried about a poker tournament? Poker tournaments are indeed for boys and girls. Men and women prefer Florence.

Enjoy! Your'e a lucky fellow (and hardworking and smart too, no doubt, else you wouldn't have earned the honors allowing you to go to Florence).

RydenStoompala
01-05-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm with Andyfox on this one, the good outweighs the bad by about 800:1. Drink great Tuscan wines and forget about it.