PDA

View Full Version : Hit my hand, but...

zooey
01-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Party $100 NL. UTG limps for $2, I limp next with T9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Cutoff and Button limp, SB drops.

Five see a 8s 8h 6c flop , and I take a half hearted $6 stab at the $11 pot. Only UTG calls, who I have noted as weak tight.

I lose interest, and check the 2c turn. River is the 7c, and I perk up, and bet $20 into the $23 pot. UTG comes back, and bets enough to put me all in.

So the pot is $143, its $80 to call, the board is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, and my opponent is weak tight. What do you think and is it close?

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Best,

Zooey

crockpot
01-04-2004, 04:10 PM
i think fold. the chances he has bare trips or a bluff are not greater than 35% against anyone remotely weak-tight. i would expect him to turn over anything from 86 to 66 to 77 to 87 to a backdoor flush, but virtually never anything i can beat.

i also would tend to not call out of position in a party NL game with a hand like this preflop. the money is shallow, and the game is more aggressive than most.