PDA

View Full Version : party 2/4 softer then usual the past 3 weeks?

bicyclekick
01-04-2004, 01:25 PM
I just started playing party 2/4 about 3 weeks ago...about a week before christmas and have been absolutely crushing it since.

I know i'm a decent player...but my winrate just doesn't make sense I don't think, and I haven't been getting overly lucky either...

After 7000+ hands (i play 3 tables at once) my winrate is 4.43 BB/H. That equates to $53.16 per hour total for 3 tables with a standard deviation of 15.6 bb/h.

One of my theories is that it's christmas break time and lots of more casual players have time to play...

Anyone notice anything different as of late?

I've just kept waiting and waiting for my winrate to get more reasonable...like 2 bb/h...and it dropped to like 3.3 for a couple days...but low and behold it's back up.

I hope I'm wrong though... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bicyclekick
01-05-2004, 12:13 AM
anyone have anything?

Bob T.
01-05-2004, 02:37 AM
It is probably softer for the reasons you stated, but you are probably just running good. It happens too /images/graemlins/grin.gif, just enjoy it, and hope it goes on for a long time.

JTG51
01-05-2004, 03:25 AM
...and I haven't been getting overly lucky either...

Of course you have. You don't win 4+ BB/hour/table without being overly lucky. You're running good, enjoy it while it lasts.

CPA
01-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts. The same fish you are talking about have been destroying me as of late...one statistical catastrophe after another.

CrackerZack
01-05-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't think you know what overly lucky is. Maybe you're not drawing out like a madman and running down people on long shot odds even when the pot is big enough to you to draw to it, but people aren't running you down. I'm sure you can name 10-20 hands recently that were cracked by some crap but you'd have the check hand history for the 100+ others that you weren't caught in when you could've been.

Running good is fun, but don't let it delude you.