PDA

View Full Version : A problem with most Hold'm books!

Webster
01-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Being a low limit player I'm often confused when an author (let's say Mason) talks about loose/passive LL games and describes how to play them.

The problem is, what IS a loose/passive LL game. I've been playing 3/6 with 30% flops. Is this what he is calling loose? At UB the flops at 2/4 are often 27%. How is thes compared to the higher limit games.

What about aggression. Is the number of times a person pays more then a SB to see the flop a good idea on aggression? IF so, what %% should a passive game be.

I know there are no magic numbers but it would be nice to hear a defination of loose/tight/passive/typical and so forth.

crockpot
01-04-2004, 03:56 PM
30% is not loose at 3/6, although it would probably be considered loose at 10/20.

UB has gotten a lot tighter in the past year. i recommend trying out party or pacific and seeing what you think. the software is worse, but you get a new deposit bonus and the games are much looser.

aggression is measured mainly by how often you see preflop raises, because this greatly affects the number of hands you play preflop. it also refers to how aggressively your opponents will play postflop, but most who are aggressive postflop are aggressive preflop as well.

Webster
01-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Yea - I got a $200 bonus on News Years for signing up and getting a friend to.

I found SOME 2/4 tables were freaking tight/aggressive. 28% flops and I NEVER saw a flop with out paying 2 SBs. YET - I call 2/4 low-limit.

2/4 at Party is more like 40% and passive and 3/6 party is 30% but passive also.

Just wondering what Mason and others call passive/tight and so forth.

Gahnia radula
01-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Try posting this in the general section, you should get more replies