PDA

View Full Version : Just try and figure out what my opponents had.

SpaceAce
01-04-2004, 06:53 AM
PartyPoker $25 pot limit game.

I get AKo in late position. Under the gun calls and the next player makes a minimum raise to $1 [Despite what I see posted here, this almost never means AA at the $25 tables as far as I can tell]. I make a max raise to $4.25. Now, get this: I get two cold-callers (one of whom is all-in from the call) and both blinds match my $4.25. Wow, what am I facing?

The flop is AJ3 rainbow.

The blinds check to EP1 who bets $3. I raise to $4.25 and am all-in (I just sat down a few hands ago and had to fold JJ to a four-flush). Both blinds cold-call the raise and the original bettor just calls.

The turn is the 2h, putting two hearts on the board. Both blinds check, the bettor from last round bets $4 and both blinds call.

The river is the 2c. Both blinds check, EP1 bets, both blinds call.

The final board is Ah Jc 3d 2h 2c.

OK, what do you think the result was and what do you think my opponents had? I'll post the answers later.

SpaceAce

Guy McSucker
01-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Anyone who has played on Party for long enough will give the very same answer I give: I have absolutely no idea.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guy.

SpaceAce
01-04-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who has played on Party for long enough will give the very same answer I give: I have absolutely no idea.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah! That's probably as close as anyone will get. I'll give a hint: One of the players actually had a hand you would expect him to have (except that he should have dumped it by the turn), the others did not.

I'll post the answers in a while. I was hoping someone would take a real stab at guessing the hands I was facing.

SpaceAce

doggin
01-04-2004, 08:25 PM
I would'nt be real shocked if one held his pocket 3's
or 2's till the river on this hand. One looked good
after the flop, the other after the turn.
What I see alot of is small PP held till the river just
trying to get a set, to blow your top pair out of the
water.
And the hell of it is, they will flat call your pot raise
after the flop to see it!

SpaceAce
01-05-2004, 01:19 AM
You're not too far off.

First of all, the shocking conclusion to this hand: My AK was good and I took down a nice pot.

Here's what they had:

EP1 had AdTd.
Small Blind had KK.
Big blind had 99.
The all-in had 66.

Some people...

SpaceAce

Ulysses
01-05-2004, 03:39 AM
This hand is exactly the reason why I'm constantly topping off my stack in these max buy-in games.

SpaceAce
01-05-2004, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand is exactly the reason why I'm constantly topping off my stack in these max buy-in games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's nice to get a couple of can't-let-go pocker pair players in one hand.

SpaceAce