PDA

View Full Version : Live NL .25-.50 blinds

ohkanada
01-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Played in a home game last night when this hand came up.

I am in SB with 53s with a stack of about 90. A few late limpers. I complete and the BB checks. Button who hosts the game has me convered. We tend to stay away from each other. He is a solid player and is winning big.

Flop is A33 rainbow.

I lead out for $1.75. BB calls, a fold and the button makes it $5. I decide to just call and see if the BB will come along. BB folds.

Turn is a 2. I check and call $10.

River is a 6. I lead out for $20 and he folds.

I thought about raising the turn but I figured if he had a 3 he would reraise and if he only had an Ace he would likely fold. Now on the river I decide to lead because if he raises big I can likely muck knowing he has a better 3. But I thought there was a chance he might call with an Ace but I wasn't sure if he would bet again if I checked.

Any flaw with my plan and if so how would you play it?

Ken Poklitar

ohkanada
01-04-2004, 03:29 PM
I guess the question is how to get the maximum on a hand(trips no kicker) that is either way ahead(vs 1 or 2 pair)or likely behind(trips with better kicker) if I am getting too much action. And the thing that makes it tough is I have the worst position(SB).

Thanks,
Ken Poklitar

crockpot
01-04-2004, 04:07 PM
i don't like it. button bet $5 on the flop and $10 on the turn. the natural size of his river bet is probably $20 or less, so why automatically lose $20 if he has a better three or decides to raise you with a good ace? your bet prevents him from bluffing, and probably makes him fold a weaker ace that he might have bet for no good reason.

ohkanada
01-05-2004, 10:39 AM
I was fairly confident that he wouldn't bet again without a 3. With a good ace he would have raised so he likely has a weakish ace or middle pair.

He isn't going to raise with an ace on the river. Unless he is full he will likely just call my bet. As it turns out he showed A5 when he mucked.

Would you play differently on the flop/turn?

Ken Poklitar

1800GAMBLER
01-06-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't agree that betting out on the river after playing it this way will only be called when beat here, betting here causes a huge misplaying of their hands.