PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut

Mike Gallo
01-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Excellent $6-$12 game at the Borgata last night.

I had pocket 9's on the button. The Boatman open raised from the cutoff. This player had an unusual habit of raising with junk but limping with his premium hands. His raise here could mean anything. I reraise with pocket 9's from the button. A very bad player reraised from the big blind the Boatman capped and I called so did the big blind.

Flop came 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Big blind bets, the Boatman calls, I raise Big blind bets The boatman calls

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet both call.

River 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet both call.

The Boatman did not show, The big blind had QQ.

Homer
01-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Does the Borgata have a five-bet cap or did you describe the hand incorrectly? I'll assume it's a five-bet cap.

Preflop - Routine (even calling the last two bets cold, since you're getting 13:2)

Postflop - Wait until the turn unless you think that SB will routinely three-bet and Boatman will coldcall with a wide range of hands. If this is the case, you can call the three-bet and raise the turn, trapping Boatman in the middle.

-- Homer

Mike Gallo
01-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Does the Borgata have a five-bet cap or did you describe the hand incorrectly? I'll assume it's a five-bet cap.

I had to call a capped pot, I did not cap it, the player to my right did.

I thought of waiting until the turn to raise. I thought the big blind would have reraised me and not me on a hand.

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 05:40 PM
I bust it on the flop because I want to know if I'm against KK. Nice play.

balkii
01-03-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bust it on the flop because I want to know if I'm against KK. Nice play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but honestly what are you gonna do if he pops it again? fold? I think if he has KK you're gonna lose some chips, and there's not much you can do about it.

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Yeah but i want to know if the light at the end of the tunnel is just an oncoming Train!

I can slow the heck down if I put him on KK, i can't fold my I can minimize the loss.

Ulysses
01-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Great. I like raising the flop. AK or AA (or even KQ from players like this) will reraise you here and then you can call and raise the turn. If you get 3-bet on the flop and then 3-bet on the turn, then you can worry about KK.

And wrt some of the other responses, you definitely can't give a very bad player credit for KK when he 3-bets you on a King high flop. As I said above, if that happens, don't slow down. Pop it again on the turn and slow down if he 3-bets.

anatta
01-03-2004, 10:14 PM
It sounds like you are saying if the BB three-bets the flop, you can put him on KK. If the BB is passive post-flop, maybe so. Against most players, a three-bet can mean AA (6 ways), KK (3 ways) or even AK (12 ways, although many wouldn't four bet AK preflop in the BB). I wait for the turn to raise (unless spade hits and MP comes to life), but if I do three-bet, I call a three-bet and raise the turn against most opponents.

Mike Gallo
01-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Great. I like raising the flop. AK or AA (or even KQ from players like this) will reraise you here and then you can call and raise the turn. If you get 3-bet on the flop and then 3-bet on the turn, then you can worry about KK

Exactly my thoughts. Either of these players had the potential to go to war with some kind of King.

Mike Gallo
01-03-2004, 10:57 PM
I can slow the heck down if I put him on KK, i can't fold my I can minimize the loss.

I did not plan on slowing down, even if I got reraised.

Mikey
01-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Mike Honestly......at any point in this entire hand......does this hand not play itself?? Why would you post this??

You flopped a set, a flush didn't come and there is no straight possible??

You didn't meet any resistance at all.

What is the reason for posting this hand???

C'mon Mike......