PDA

View Full Version : What is the Zoo?

Redhotman
01-03-2004, 03:53 PM
What is the "zoo"? in hear alot of idiots on here talking about it.

ramjam
01-03-2004, 04:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure but we may have spotted another idiot talking about it.

tiltboy
01-03-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif irony.

happyjaypee
01-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got evrything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim Kuhn
01-03-2004, 04:50 PM
lol - this is a classic. Nice one.

kdog
01-03-2004, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got evrything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up jaypee. I love it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Losing all
01-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Thanks for not making this one a "MUST READ". I read it anyway, but didn't fell I had to.

bigpooch
01-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Great Guns 'N Roses tune in an album that must surely be on
any music afficionado's top 100 list!

When I was doing so well at a poker table, I remember saying
this at the table: "It's so easy easy when everybody's
trying to please me, baby!". I was simply responding to
someone who commented on how many chips I was collecting!

But I must say, I prefer listening to Miles Davis' Kind of
Blue or the Brandenburg Concertos (like especially #3) when
playing poker online. Great artists to listen to while
mouse clicking: U2, Beatles, Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Pink
Floyd, Rolling Stones, R.E.M., Van Morrison, and Nirvana.

More modern artists: White Stripes, Radiohead, Coldplay,
QOTSA, Wilco, Beck, and even PJ Harvey. Can't say I like
much of the top 20! The music industry could be in big
trouble when the highlight of '03 was two women kissing!

As an afterthought, any of you like U2's "Zoo Station", the
first track of Achtung, Baby? Maybe the Zoo should have a
theme song. :-)

webiggy
01-03-2004, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But I must say, I prefer listening to Miles Davis' Kind of
Blue or the Brandenburg Concertos (like especially #3) when
playing poker online. Great artists to listen to while
mouse clicking: U2, Beatles, Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Pink
Floyd, Rolling Stones, R.E.M., Van Morrison, and Nirvana.

More modern artists: White Stripes, Radiohead, Coldplay,
QOTSA, Wilco, Beck, and even PJ Harvey. Can't say I like
much of the top 20! The music industry could be in big
trouble when the highlight of '03 was two women kissing!

As an afterthought, any of you like U2's "Zoo Station", the
first track of Achtung, Baby? Maybe the Zoo should have a
theme song. :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me. Not much of a GNR fan though..,

How about Foo Fighters and Cocteau Twins? Also, big fan of Cheap Trick; first album especially since it features "He's a Whore". Fitting for us transient Internet Poker Players.., /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigpooch
01-04-2004, 03:56 AM
Bonus whore? Guilty as charged!

Foo Fighters are quite good but I am ashamed to admit that
I don't own a single one of their albums!

But who buys CDs nowadays? CDs are going to be obsolete one
day and the music industry will eventually sell virtually
all that music online.

Any FF albums would you recommend?

MadSci
01-04-2004, 05:14 AM
The Crystal Method. Everything they ever did.

P.I.M.P. by 50 Cent ("I don't know what you heard about me, but b*tch you can't get a dollar out of me")

Move by Ludacris ("..and you about to get ran the f*ck over")

wacamasta
01-04-2004, 07:54 AM
I dont know what the "zoo" is either but it seems like it's a bunch of low limit chumps overanalyzing their play thinking their pros because they can break even long enough to earn their deposit bonus.

Jim Kuhn
01-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Are you speaking from experience?

ramjam
01-04-2004, 09:43 AM
No, probably a high-limit chump who busted out before earning his deposit bonus. Maybe daryn has him logged in Joker Tracker.

What's happening this year? We seem to have a bunch of new posters intent on rattling our cages. Come back, Wet Beaver, all is forgiven.

Jim Kuhn
01-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I tend to think it is the same couple of jokers that register with new id's after being banned.

Stew
01-04-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know what the "zoo" is either but it seems like it's a bunch of low limit chumps overanalyzing their play thinking their pros because they can break even long enough to earn their deposit bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're, analyze that!

PS: I usually not only break even when earning a bonus, but double the bonus, so buzz-off biatch.

Mike Haven
01-04-2004, 12:23 PM
If you read MS Sunshine's premier post in another thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=464069&amp;page=0&amp;view=expand ed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=2&amp;fpart=) you will discover the real and deep definition of what The Zoo is, imo, and why so many of us remain positive and enthusiastic about being part of it.

To have free access to the sheer generosity and knowledge and experience of people like MS Sunshine is what makes The Zoo unique in the world of internet poker.

Stew
01-04-2004, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you read MS Sunshine's premier post in another thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=464069&amp;page=0&amp;view=expand ed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=2&amp;fpart=) you will discover the real and deep definition of what The Zoo is, imo, and why so many of us remain positive and enthusiastic about being part of it.

To have free access to the sheer generosity and knowledge and experience of people like MS Sunshine is what makes The Zoo unique in the world of internet poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I coudln't agree more Mike!

Jim Kuhn
01-04-2004, 12:49 PM
The Zoo is also about people like Mike, Ed and Simon that donate their precious time organizing tournaments for the rest of us animals to play in. I appreciate the hard work you guys do for the Zoo.

MrFroggyX
01-04-2004, 02:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
P.I.M.P. by 50 Cent ("I don't know what you heard about me, but b*tch you can't get a dollar out of me")

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.. that one is good! "you can't get a dollar out of me"----&gt; I really like that.. i think im going to rap that to myself when i take home a big pot! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrackerZack
01-04-2004, 03:19 PM

CrackerZack
01-04-2004, 03:21 PM
In posts with idiotic posts. You're quite far from the record, but you have potential. Keep up the good work.

William
01-04-2004, 03:25 PM
LOL after reading the things this guy posts, I almost mis onlinechamp , fishy and all those wackos /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wacamasta
01-04-2004, 05:06 PM
WOW... double the bonus???? If you were any sort of player you wouldnt even bother with bonuses because its a waste of time. Only reason I'm wasting my time letting you guys know your nutin is to help me play tighter. Start playin some serious limits cashin 5g + a month and then maybe I'll let ya outa your cage. WOOF WOOF!

Elizabeth-Anne
01-04-2004, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Redhotman is a low limit chump. Anybody who is so worried about Party's 3/6 blind structure must be a loser who can't make it past low limit.

rusty JEDI
01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
The woof woof makes my guess that this is the now banned and former poster Baddawg who had a part in scamming people including some posters.

Acesover8s
01-04-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WOW... double the bonus???? If you were any sort of player you wouldnt even bother with bonuses because its a waste of time. Only reason I'm wasting my time letting you guys know your nutin is to help me play tighter. Start playin some serious limits cashin 5g + a month and then maybe I'll let ya outa your cage. WOOF WOOF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, brilliance. This is akin to saying, "I make $30 an hour so therefore I turn down free $100 bills whenever someone offers them to me."

Redhotman
01-04-2004, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Redhotman is a low limit chump. Anybody who is so worried about Party's 3/6 blind structure must be a loser who can't make it past low limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
So basically anyone who doesnt play above 3/6 is a loser?
This might be the worst post ever made. You have alot to learn about poker, bitch.

Elizabeth-Anne
01-04-2004, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This might be the best post ever made. You have alot to learn about poker, bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

A loser is someone who gets stuck on 3/6 and can't make it past low limit. I play alot higher.

You got 408 posts in 89 days. You need to work on your game instead of spending your life here.

Even if I am a bitch, I'd be proud to be a bitch. That means I'm a firm and assertive woman.

morgant
01-04-2004, 05:55 PM
EA, instead of a online internet forum pissing contest(which is ridiculous) why dont you sign up for the next 2+2 tournament and have a last longer bet....enough said shut your cornhole.

Redhotman
01-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Eliz.

My offer is $200 last longer bet. Take it or leave it.

Redhotman
01-04-2004, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This might be the best post ever made. You have alot to learn about poker, bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

A loser is someone who gets stuck on 3/6 and can't make it past low limit. I play alot higher.

You got 408 posts in 89 days. You need to work on your game instead of spending your life here.

Even if I am a bitch, I'd be proud to be a bitch. That means I'm a firm and assertive woman.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. It means your an obnoxious, stupid, spinster.

I make over $25 an hour playing multiple tables. I play this game for the money. I am satisfied with playing at this hourly rate, there is no need to change. By the way, I average less than 5 posts a day. How does that equate to me spending my life here.

My offer is made in the other post.

Stew
01-04-2004, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a blowhard.

Stew
01-04-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm pretty sure a bitch means you are a female dog, you sound more like the C-Word type anyway.

Elizabeth-Anne
01-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Let's make it 2k

rusty JEDI
01-04-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing worse than one of these.

rusty JEDI
01-04-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's make it 2k

[/ QUOTE ]

My feeling here is that she is honestly scared of the $200 bet because redhotman is serious so she goes over the top knowing he wont accept and if he does she will not pay and vanish into cyper space. Or if he doesnt accept because $2K is a lot then she will claim she is the champion.

I say that EA takes a pay cut and plays for the $200 vs redhotman, but because she is a risk to not pay IMO. They should both transfer the money to a neutral party to pay it to the winner at the end of the tourny.

Redhotman
01-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I figured both aprties emailed the site about it? Is this posible? How is it done in the past?

I agree. Her 2K was a bunch of bullshit.

daryn
01-04-2004, 07:31 PM
nice.. joker tracker lives on. he says he plays the 10-20 6 max.. i wonder if he is on my certified clown list. care to reveal your user name wackjob or whatever your name is?

Simon Diamond
01-04-2004, 08:37 PM
The Zoo is also about people like Mike, Ed and Simon that donate their precious time organizing tournaments for the rest of us animals to play in. I appreciate the hard work you guys do for the Zoo.

No problem Jim, the good people of the zoo make the events what they are.

But this entire thread must be one of the stupidest I have ever read here - bearing in mind that theres quite a lot of competition in that department.

Simon

bigpooch
01-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Could he be an uncertified clown?

Stagemusic
01-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Seems to me the offer was $200. You countered with 2K. So you by default accept the $200 offer. In case I am not clear. Red put $200 in the pot and went all in. You went over the top and raised to $2K. No other callers. Your bet for $200 with Red is good. I assume we will be seeing you on Thursday? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HUSKER'66
01-06-2004, 11:45 AM
I go to an uninhabited island with no access to any of the modern conveniences for the holidays, and click on this a.m. to see whats up at the Zoo..............um...................

I........um....................

........HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Stagemusic
01-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Welcome back. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, by the way. If you were on the Island, was it really uninhabited? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ramjam
01-06-2004, 12:09 PM
SNAFU

Welcome back, Husker.