PDA

View Full Version : dedicating myself to record keeping this year...

whiskeytown
01-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm sure this has come up before....this is a crosspost, BTW from general forum (no one paying attention over there)

this year I'm dedicating myself to record keeping my wins and losses tracked - SO....

has anyone designed/found a good spreadsheet in Excel for this? - should cover both tourneys and ring games and hopefully will have some autocomplete for math in the fields...otherwise....what would you keep track of?

thanks...
RB

AAmaz0n
01-03-2004, 06:39 PM
I actually use a series of spreadsheets; one for bankroll that keeps money going in and out of sites and bonuses added, one for tournaments, and one for cash games. Then I check that the tournaments cash games and bonuses add up to the bankroll.

one of my resolutions this year is to incorporate all three into an Access database. I've asked on a few forums if someone had already made one but haven't gotten any positive responses. I know I'm reinventing the wheel, but at least it will be what I want - something that can sort by venue, game and limit.

The columns I keep track of are venue, game, limit, time, net. I'm trying to be better this year about keeping track of time spent in tourneys so that I can figure my hourly rate. I know that it's depressingly low, but if I track it maybe at least I can see some improvement.

BTW, yours was the first image that I ever blocked on Stars. Not that you aren't handsome, but the sideways head was making me dizzy and affecting my play. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shauna

Jim Easton
01-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Check out PokerTracker (pokertracker.com) and/or Stat King - not sure if they have a website but you can get it at Conjelco.

_And1_
01-03-2004, 07:30 PM
I think this spreadsheet will do, if you are missing something in particular, just let me know...

later

whiskeytown
01-03-2004, 07:48 PM
hard to believe I was totally sober when that pic. was taken, huh...LOL -

I like it though...gives it some personality.....

you can see the full pic here...I'm actually upright

http://www.balletschooltroublemakers.com/russ.html

me, on the other hand, I blocked a guy with a glaring image of James Gandolfini - I just couldn't checkraise with Tony Soprano glaring at me like that....

RB

Myrtle
01-03-2004, 08:38 PM
When I click on the link, it brings me to a site with another link...

When I click on that, I get a screen full of symbols.

Am I doing something wrong?

_And1_
01-03-2004, 08:54 PM
cant say what everybody else see, but i m seeing a spreadsheet, when you press url u are taken to a webpage hosting that spreadsheet (nothing else) and then just

Press right button on link to choose “Save as…” and download will begin.

Should work fine, anyone else having trouble?

Myrtle
01-04-2004, 12:08 PM
tyvm, And1.....

I've got it now.....looks interesting....will have to study it.

astroglide
01-04-2004, 09:38 PM
buy pokertracker and statking, both terribly cheap, and pay taxes on your play as well.

AAmaz0n
01-05-2004, 12:24 AM
I've been looking into StatKing, but can't find a demo version or even any screen shots. The price isn't bad, but I'd like to get a chance to look at it or hear some good feedback before buying.

Anyone care to comment on their experiences with it and comparisons to other programs like CPA or home grown spread sheets?

thanks,

Shauna

astroglide
01-05-2004, 01:37 AM
from the site:
[ QUOTE ]
Provides unmatched, in-depth, statistical insight. View, select, and sort your results according to game, location, month, and year. Computes your win-rate, confidence and standard deviation. Determine break-even points, chances of going broke. Includes graphing, advice, bankroll requirements, streak analysis. Much more.

[/ QUOTE ]
this nukes a spreadsheet, unless you want to calculate all that yourself. furthermore, it's a better interface than a spreadsheet, and it is very easy to filter information in the database (by month/year, game, location, etc).

Jim Easton
01-05-2004, 01:48 AM
It is similar to CPA (which I used about 4 years ago, so I'm sure it has gotten better). I really like Stat King. It is far better than a home grown spreadsheet. A spreadsheet isn't really a fair comparison, it would be better to compare it to a home grown DB.