PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Card Shufflers

Moyer
01-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Do any of you use these? Do they do a decent job? I'm looking for a way to speed up our home game.

GrinToday
01-03-2004, 09:23 AM
I tried an automatic card shuffler at our home poker game. It took up too much space on the table and got in the way. Manual shuffling turned out to be faster. Although, I'm not convinced some people shuffle good enough.

We've since went to having two decks with different backs on the table. This has worked out great. The dealer deals, while the small blind shuffles. By the time for the SB to act, the cards are ready for the next game.

mickblueeyes
01-05-2004, 04:23 PM
I concur with the previous post. Manual shuffling is much better for home games.

LetsRock
01-05-2004, 07:16 PM
We did this at "new" home game recently. It took a bit of gettng used to, but after a few orbits it worked out well until we got down to 4 players - then we just went back to one deck (got to be too busy all the time).

MrGrob
01-07-2004, 07:48 AM
I have one that I have used -- if you assign one person to shuffle all the time, and give them a little table next to them (provided you have room) it works well. It can be more of a bother if you have to pass it around, as has been noted. I kinda had to get one regardless, as most of the people in my game made even my Kem Cards tremble in fear when it was their turn to shuffle /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hedge Henderson
01-08-2004, 03:42 AM
Another vote for the manual shuffle with two decks. We've been doing it for nearly two years, and problems are very rare. During a tounament, when we get to two or three players, there are always a couple of "railbirds" willing to play dealer just to speed the game along in order to find out who wins.