PDA

View Full Version : Tie them down, monster pot, fold the river?

Joe Tall
01-03-2004, 12:42 AM
One last hand from the crazy New Year's session I had in the Foxwoods 10/20. One of the first hands I played, the Maniac has yet to arrive.

7 limpers to me and I check my option in the BB w/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Decent player in the SB bets out, I call, 3 more callers and the button raises, SB calls, I 3-bet, all call.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, all fold, including the button and now the SB check-raises. He is most likely to hold 2-pair at this point. He is also a regular player who respects my play.

Do you make a crying call on the river unimproved?

Comments on all streets welcome. Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 01:13 AM
pot is too big to fold for 1 bet in case you were wrong you would be committing a mathematical catastrophe. Could be rasing as a semi bluff with a draw & pair. (ie QJ right?)

Joe Tall
01-03-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pot is too big to fold for 1 bet in case you were wrong you would be committing a mathematical catastrophe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know. So your action is call, call, unless improved, I assume.

[ QUOTE ]
Could be rasing as a semi bluff with a draw & pair. (ie QJ right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he could, especially against me when heads up.

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Weak, I know but probably my default play is to call him down.

rigoletto
01-03-2004, 01:39 AM
He is most likely to hold 2-pair at this point. He is also a regular player who respects my play.

3-bet and check behind if you don't improve!

slavic
01-03-2004, 01:53 AM
With the flush draw I'd call him down. Without the flush draw I think a reraise is in order.

Joe Tall
01-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Rig and Slav were right. I missed a bet on the turn and I think re-raising would have been the right play.

The river was a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the old man checked I bet and he called and mucked.

Thank you for your responses.

Peace,
Joe Tall