PDA

View Full Version : TGC 1-2 hand (suspect hand)

bunky9590
01-02-2004, 11:40 PM
9 handed table with 2+2er Spamuell. Tight passive for what I can tell so far. Early in session and I want to give a little action for advertising before I screw down.

I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif in EP and open raise.
Weak player to my left calls, decent player in MP three bets, everyone else folds to me and I call, EP2 calls.

Flop comes: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I lead right into the PFR, EP2 calls, and MP calls.

Turn J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet again (until someone convinces me otherwise), both call

River 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, both call, and MHIG.

I know, The ATo is very suspect and I do not make a habit out of it. But I do get loose early in the session and try to mix it up. Besides, I knew all of the names at the table, (never played with spamuell before, but he wasn't in this pot) and none of them scared me. I knew I could outplay them post flop if it came down to it.

BTW PFR had QQ
EP2 A7 offsuit

Joe Tall
01-02-2004, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I do get loose early in the session and try to mix it up

[/ QUOTE ]

As you know, Bunk, raising preflop here is suspect. However, everything else here is good. I'm an advocate of playing my game from the get-to and then, if things warrant, mix it up later. I like raising hands like J9s after limpers to mix it up; a much more neutral EV situation.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Opinions on plays please.

chesspain
01-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Bunky,

What's your handle on TGC? You can PM me if you don't wish to post it here.

Saborion
01-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Same as here. Unless we have an imposter.

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Not hiding anything, its Bunky9590. Same as here, same as Ultimate Bet.

Saborion
01-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Yah. I saw you in the prima freeroll the other day. Thought I recall that nick from 2+2, had to make sure, so I went back here and indeed, bunky was a frequent poster. Quick note on you for future reference. =)

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 02:36 PM
that good or bad? lol

Saborion
01-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Well, means that I`ll be paying closer attention to what`s going on when I`m playing a pot with you in it. If that`s good or bad, I don`t know.

spamuell
01-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Bunky, in my PM when I was asking you what the hell you were doing PF just after you showed down this hand (although you played it well post-flop), I wasn't sure exactly how bad raising from UTG + 1 with ATo really was.

According to the Pokerroom.com EV stats, 9-handed from UTG+1 at 1/2, ATo has an EV of -0.07BBs. Given your post-flop play is probably significantly better than most 1/2 players, this move is probably OK if you think people will take notice of you doing this.

Do you really think that most of the TGC 1/2 players are that observant?

Saborion
01-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Hmm... according to those tables 22 is always -EV.
Maybe, no, not maybe, I`m clearly misunderstanding something here. If I`m on the button with 22 and have 5 limpers before me, then I`m going to limp, convinced that I`ll show a profit in the long, especially since at least one of the blinds will come along too.

So why do the chart show it as -EV to play 22 on the button with x amount of players in the pot? Because it`s an average of all the hands played, and some people overplay it?

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 05:28 PM
No, not all the Prima players at 1-2 are that observant, I just outplay them anyway.

Its the 2 or 3 that have a clue that t he message gets through.

You are observant right?

Next time I raise from EP what are you going to think? (The power of the subliminal though process at work here)
That maniac did that with ATo! My TT is automatic three bet!

Except I may not have AT it is probably AQs or better, usually MUCH better. But that ATo will stick in your mind for a while.

It is Easy to beat the people that have no clue. It is significantly harder to beat the people who have a brain.
If I become so predictable that I only raise in EP with 9 hands, you know exactly where I'm at. At this point you could realisticly say I could raise in EP with at least 15 hands! Where am I at now, are you way ahead or way behind?

You don't know, but you think I'm making a move. Hence the call with the decent hand or Re-raise with as little as AJs. All of a sudden the table that was tight passive has suddenly become a loose aggressive. (A much more profitable table I might add) in which the better players have the distinctive ADVANTAGE over the fish.

I know my way isn't by the book in that respect, but it does work for me. I get the action on my big hands that would be half the size had I not shown the fast gear with hands very shy of the nuts.

BugsBunny
01-03-2004, 07:02 PM
MP player had TJ suited - which is why he said calling the turn was a real close call. The preflop raise did what I wanted it to do - clear out the rest of the field.

The turn was a close call - I almost folded it - if I had a little more time to think I may very well have done so. I had 6 clean outs (the other 2 J's and 4 Q's) the T would have given me 2 pair which may or may not have been good since you may already have had 2 pair at that point - or the AQ which would have given you the str8. I wouldn't have been thrilled with another T (and rightfully so as it turned out).

I think you played the hand fine, although I wonder what you would have done if I raised the turn (once I paired the J). I didn't because I was better than 90% sure you had at least an A if not 2 pair. If it had been some of the other players at the table I may very well have raised the turn.

Oh - you don't scare me either /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Lol bugs. There weren't too many hands you could have had to three bets with, though three betting me to get me heads up with JTs is darn near bankroll suicide.

You know me, I don't usually do that with ATo.

If you raised the turn with the J, I call you down. Pots too big if I'm wrong.

BugsBunny
01-03-2004, 08:37 PM
It's *not* a play I make very often (more like never) - but I felt like trying it. I also wanted to see how much you *really* liked your hand - if you had capped I would have put you an AKs at a minimum. More likely AA or KK. It would have been interesting if the third player hadn't been there - I would have played the flop a lot differently and represented AK to see what you would do.

But the third player made things difficult - since I've seen some of these idiots stay with a pair of ducks to the river with you betting into a board of KQT. They won't lay down *any* pair - which means you can't bluff.

Makes postflop play more difficult in one sense and easier in another. Actually less fun is more accurate than more difficult. It's simpler - just play straight up and don't bluff.

And it's probably the biggest leak in my game at the moment - I keep trying to bluff the blind man /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Of course you often don't know they're blind until you try it.

bunky9590
01-03-2004, 09:38 PM
True that.
Had a hand today on UB 1-2. I had KQ flopped top two, betting raising, etc. guy calls to the river with 22 and spikes his set. Where did he come from?

You are one of the few at the table that has a grasp on the concepts. Keep up the good play. Maybe you can try the three bet with JTs on someone else and stop trying to get inside my head!, lol.

Nice playing with you and I will see you again real soon.