PDA

View Full Version : NLHE: last overpair post, I promise

Guy McSucker
01-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Okay I promise this is going to be the last overpair hand I post for a while. A break from poker has been advised in another thread, and I'm gonna give it a go.

Stars 50c-$1 NLHE. I have QQ in early position and $110 in stack.

I open for $5. Next player reraises the minimum to $9 and it's folded back to me.

This player seems pretty solid and sensible. What's your move?

Edit: forgot to say he has about $55 left.

I decided to flat call and go for a check-raise all-in if no overcards flop. With just one overcards I'll likely bet out and see what happens; with two I'm done.

How's my planning?

Guy.

1800GAMBLER
01-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Seems really player dependant. I remember my smoothcall KK in the tournment forum getting a fun thread. If he's tight and wont make any mistakes then the call is good. If he's loose then i'd push in.

In this losing streak what was the highest amount of buy ins you lost?

SpaceAce
01-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Hm, what do you mean by "solid"? A minimum raise seems suspicious after you made such a nice raise. I'd have to put him on something pretty big, probably KK or AA. Still, it all depends on the player. Is he the type who would make that raise to get heads-up with you if he had something strong but not quite bullets, like AKs? Would he ever make this play with JJ or less? There is a lot to be considered.

SpaceAce