PDA

View Full Version : Poker Chip Tricks

wacki
01-02-2004, 10:55 PM
How many poker chip tricks are there? I know:

The Twirl (pull middle chip out, spin put back in)

The Shuffle (shuffling chips like cards)

Front To Back (hold stack in hand and move the front chip to back of stack with 1 finger)

Knuckle Roll (should be self explanatory)

Bounce 'N Stack (Bounce a chips off the felt and have it land perfectly ontop of a 10-15 chip high stack. I can't do this one, but I've seen it done.)

Anyone know of any other tricks? Better yet, anyone know a good book/video/website to teach any tricks not listed here?

pretender2k
01-03-2004, 07:41 AM
I watched that part on TV also. I say learn all the tricks and keep trying to intimidate me with them until they're in my stack then you will have to buy more to play.

wacki
01-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Ya, I know, that part on ESPN's WSOP series was a little gay. I think Dutch Boy greatly overstates the value of that kind of deception. My interest is mainly entertainment driven. I like doing chip tricks, and it seems like all the newbs / non card players that see my chip set for the first time ask me if I can do any tricks. So I'm happy to entertain them, it's just I don't know that many, and I would like to find out how to do more than the five I already know how to do.

illunious
01-03-2004, 08:19 PM
http://www.21ace.com/ has some tutorials and videos.

All the tricks are ones you listed.

CrisBrown
01-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi wacki,

Dutch Boyd has said, on more than one occasion, that he was joking with his comments about chip tricks. At the time, he was a 23- or 24-year-old young man who found himself in the running of the most prestigious poker tournament in the world. He was giddy, enjoying the moment, and hamming it up for the cameras. He was also embarrassed when he saw it on TV and realized just how silly he looked.

Cris

wacki
01-03-2004, 11:13 PM
I didn't know that. I'm glad he was joking tho, cuz I kind of liked the guy. He was laughing and joking even after he lost his chips with an all in. He didn't blam the bad beat, instead he admitted it was a bad call and then ran off laughing with his buds. Got to give him props for that.

Anyway, I still would like to learn some more chip tricks.

P.S. is there anywhere where you can buy the WSOP on DVD? Or do I have to tape espn?

oddjob
01-05-2004, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi wacki,

Dutch Boyd has said, on more than one occasion, that he was joking with his comments about chip tricks. At the time, he was a 23- or 24-year-old young man who found himself in the running of the most prestigious poker tournament in the world. He was giddy, enjoying the moment, and hamming it up for the cameras. He was also embarrassed when he saw it on TV and realized just how silly he looked.

Cris

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he inadvertantly had a good idea. the way all these new people think these pro's advice is the absolute nuts. i think if i was a tournament pro, i'd be stating how important it is to have a lot of drinks to keep loose like scotty nyugen, or how it's imortant to call till the river and then fold.