PDA

View Full Version : Repost from No Limit - hand.

kiemo
01-02-2004, 10:35 AM
.25/.5 Gaming Club 10 people

I am big blind and dealt J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG, MP1, CO (posted), SB, Hero call/check

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, MP1 calls, CO/Button fold, SB call

10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, MP1/SB call

4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB check, Hero checks, MP1 raises $3, SB/Hero fold

So is it worth three dollars to see if he has the flush? I said no becuase the last 7 straights I have had there has been 3 of a suit in the community. I have called 6 of them and been beat by the flush every time. But that really isnt a good reason, so what is right play in this situation.

Also here is my thinking for the hand.
Flop - Normally I check/fold, but I have folded 3 inside straight draws in the 30 minutes and every one of them hit (needed card on the river, so I folded all of them becuase pot was never above $7), so this one I wanted to take a chance with.

Turn - I thinked I shouldve checked here and if raised, made the raiser on the flush

River - Did here what I think I shouldve done on the turn.

rayrns
01-02-2004, 01:18 PM
I seldom play no-limit but you can't let your past hands decide how you are going to play this hand. On the flop you have bottom pair, gut shot (non nut) straight draw on a 3 suited board. If you are going to get invlolved there, then I think I would call the $3 on the river if you close the action.

ramjam
01-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Check-fold the flop. There is 5 SB in the pot. You have bottom pair and are out of position. Chasing a gutshot is not usually a good idea (sometimes it's OK in NL because of the implied odds) but yours is non-nut, somebody could already have the flush and, if they don't have the flush, any heart is 2/1 to make it by the river. If you hit your hand, who do you think is going to pay you off on this board - or how are you going to feel confident about making or calling any sizeable bet?