PDA

View Full Version : First half unders in bowl games

anatta
01-02-2004, 04:00 AM
I am new to sports betting, but it seems to me that if you like the under for the full game, and the first half number is 1/2 the number or better, you should take the first half under.

Teams have these several week layoffs before they play a bowl game, so offensively they might be a bit rusty at first. Also, the players could be nervous and/or sky high to start the game. Offensively, this could lead to troubles executing at first. (i.e. Michagan wide out drops the bomb on first series) Defensively, nervous energy and heightened emotional state could make them more aggressive, faster to the ball, etc. I suppose this is countered by halftime defensive adjustments, but...

I am thinking mostly about Oregon/Minnesota and USC/Michagan. Both lines were 58-60 for the game, and half that for the first half. The score was 0-0 at the end of first quarter in the Oregon game, then they turned it up in the second quarter. The halftime score in the Rose Bowl was 14-0. I took the under for Oregon for the full game and lost by 1/2 point. I was all over the 29.5 under in the Rose Bowl.