PDA

View Full Version : FTOP Question: Small Stakes re-post

06-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Many may have noticed an interesting discussion in the small stakes forum under the thread entitled "Mirage 10-20: Should I just check-fold one time?" posted by Dynasty. Here is a recap of the hand:

"I'm 2UTG with JsJh and open with a raise. MP cold calls. LP cold calls. Both blinds fold. Three players see the flop.

The flop is: Kc,9h,4c

I bet the flop. MP calls. LP folds.

The turn is: Kc,9h,4c,9c

I bet. MP calls."

For the sake of argument, I will submit that the MP player had the Kh7h in this hand. We can all agree that he erred by calling pre-flop and on the flop. The point of interest for the discussion at hand is the turn play. Dynasty forwarded that it was a "substantial FTOP error" for the MP to not raise the turn in this case. Others seemed unsure that calling was a mistake.

If we assume that MP knew 100% that Dynasty was drawing to 2 outs, would calling or raising be the proper turn play here?

I think this is a great question that has been buried so I wanted to re-post it here for more discussion. Thanks to Dynasty for bringing it up.

KJS

06-17-2002, 03:00 AM
if choice is between JJ putting in a bet on turn and then folding or putting in bet on turn and then bet on river then i think since its such a slim shot you want to keep him in. i think this holds even if he can get a double bet in on the end when he hits, but in that case it might get close to becoming close, depending on how big the pot was before it got heads up on the turn.

brad